Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm stumped, i want to set up my 3 for a good handling daily driven car. i want the fun of taking corners at a faster speed and yet still keep my comfort. i know shocks would help but i dont have enough cash for that right now..i was just thinking springs, sway bar and whatever else you guys think would be a good set up. thank you for all the help.

godwin

and by the way i'm located in orange county, ca if that makes any difference for the roads and what not. well thanks again

·
Registered
97 Posts
i would go with Tein Basic Coilover.. yeah its about 1000 for it, but well worth it.. You will enjoy it.. I do, and i live in hawaii, and we have some nice ass turns where i can use my coilovers really good..

·
Registered
239 Posts
if you want comfort, shocks are key. if you increase your springrate without increasing damping, you'll get a little beat up after a while. I have Mazdaspeed springs/shocks/camber links, and a racing beat rear sway (front will be installed in a week or so...). It rides great, handles great, but is a little tail happy until I get that front bar on there...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote author=Mazda3inda808 link=topic=69097.msg1197620#msg1197620 date=1171050231]
i would go with Tein Basic Coilover.. yeah its about 1000 for it, but well worth it.. You will enjoy it.. I do, and i live in hawaii, and we have some nice ass turns where i can use my coilovers really good..
[/quote]

thanks for the advice...but i already know what kind of springs i am getting..eibach pro-kit. but other then that, i'm stumped over which sway bar to get and if i should get a camber kit or what not. if a strut bar would help or whatever. so all the help is needed. thanks for the help though.

godwin

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=formertegbeater link=topic=69097.msg1197633#msg1197633 date=1171050449]
if you want comfort, shocks are key. if you increase your springrate without increasing damping, you'll get a little beat up after a while. I have Mazdaspeed springs/shocks/camber links, and a racing beat rear sway (front will be installed in a week or so...). It rides great, handles great, but is a little tail happy until I get that front bar on there...
[/quote]

i know shocks are key for comfort but like i posted before cant really cash out for shocks at the moment. i will eventually though. thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
thanks for the advice...but i already know what kind of springs i am getting..eibach pro-kit. but other then that, i'm stumped over which sway bar to get and if i should get a camber kit or what not. if a strut bar would help or whatever. so all the help is needed. thanks for the help though.

godwin
[/quote]

Cool.. Well as for the camber kit, Mazda 3 really doesnt have a front one yet, as far as i know. But there is a rear camber kit. I have not yet gotten a camber kit, and i am running good on my tires still. not much of a change in my camber from what i can see. As far as sway bar, i am in the same boat.. looking for a good one my self.. but i would get the front and rear if i was you.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
man, i wish i had my car when i was on my honeymoon in Hawaii...the road to Hana would have been way more fun than it was in the SUV we rented...lol But i did put that SUV to the test ;)

back on topic... well, if your only going to get springs... then get the matching Eibach sway bars.

It's always recommended to get springs AND shocks to match, i understand everybodies budget is different, but the money you spend on sways or strut bars could be put towards a spring/shock kit... i.e. The Mazdaspeed kit.

alternatively, getting the sway bar kit now and saving up for a spring/shock kit would be a good way to go too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree with autoxer and I am also living in cali in the same situation as you are. I done a lot of research and found that the Koni FSD with the pro-kit works and are sold in a package on Tirerack.com so if you want comfort and fun when needed this is the way to go, there is no way to just get springs and not give up the comfort. Koni with pro-kit (798) cheaper than coils- not adjustable but a good set up for an everyday driver not giving up that comfort zone most say it rides better than stock. You should deffinately get the mazdaspeed rear camber kit with the eibach sway's but again you said your budget is limited. I think you got to make a decision on what you want to get first but keep on saving for your whole suspension system.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the help guys. i really appreciate it. well i have another question. i posted a thread about it but no one seems to respond so i thought i'd try it here. are there anyone on here running the eibach anti-roll kit??? since you guys said i should match up springs and sways. since i'm planning on getting the eibach pro-kit, so to match it with the eibach sway bars. so yeah, how is that anti-roll kit???

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
well, after some further thought....it's hard to say just how well the sways will match the springs...as Eibach does not offer any shocks. This is the missing link...as even having the springs and sways, with the wrong shocks, it's not going to be a good match.

I have no doubt the Eibach sways are a good product, but without a set of properly matched shocks...it's kinda moot.

The single most important rule when getting springs, is getting a matching set of shocks.

·
Registered
836 Posts
The pro kit is such a mild drop it feels fine with oem dampers. While I would prefer some eibach matching dampers. This will do for now. I didnt need a rear camber kit for mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts