Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i just sold my wheels to edrection as many of you know, and its coming time for me to make "the purchase" again, but i have come to a difficult choice. i live in houston, and familiar with it or not, it actually is the shitty road capital of the universe. well, the main reason i sold my rims is cuz i wanted to downgrade a size due to the street conditions down here, but now im just having difficulty in convincing myself to do so.

those of you with 17's: how rough are your city streets? do you want to go bigger? do you regret not getting 18's? do they look small?

those of you with 18's: should i just go all out again and get 18's? how bad are your city streets? would you, looking back, rather have gotten 17's?

thanks for the help guys, i am having a bitch of a time deciding. i am thinking 17" and maybe go with a lower drop+wheels that the spokes extend to the very edge rather than having a lip.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
i'm currently running the stock 17's while I'm deciding what to get.

when i decide, it will still be 17's.

i have to deal with potholes and such, it's just not worth it, imo, for 18's or higher.

some cars need huge wheels, but ours don't.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i mean i loved my 18's but they looked oversized sometimes. and in some bumps or holes it just felt like i was driving on just rims. i am a cautious driver, but i always felt that not paying attention on one bump or pothole would be the end of a rim or 2

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
yup. plus, there's no such thing as a flat tire. it's always a ruined tire by the time you know, specially if you drive mostly freeway.

·
Registered
359 Posts
alot of peeps in here will tell you go for 18"...god i know i heard it alot! But when it comes down to it, you much less likely to scrap a 17"rim then and 18".

If your concerned about "if they look to small" try to buy a rim with no lip in 17"
remember: 17"no lip and 18"with lip ------> look the same size from 10 feet out!

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
If I were to buy aftermarket rims, they would remain 17's as well. 18's are just too tough to ride around with in the area that I live. There are plenty of hot 17" rim selections out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts