Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
there is no mazdaspeed3 turbo kit. Are you talking about the whole engine in general? If so, yes, it has been done on a hatch before. You're looking at a HUGE amount of work though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ i know that there is no speed turbo kit, but i mean if i take parts from speed engine would it fit on mine 2.0? exaust monifold, injectors, ....

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
well as I said earlier, it's been done on a hatch. Don't quote me on this but the bay on the hatch is a little bigger so you might have problems with the turbo manifold hitting the coolant lines on the firewall and the fact that the ms3 is direct injected doesn't help either, so the fuel injectors won't work. Your best bet is to attempt a swap.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
i honestly think that you would be able to do the swap, like everyone says not possible but they all said that with putting full standalone and swapping the 6 speed and i did both of those as well as a cable tb conversion.

the main things with doing this are your gonna have to go front mount intercooler with it, so it might have to be custom piping because the speed 3 front mounts prolly wont work or atleast one pipe because there tb sits lower than the regular 3. the manifold will bolt to the head, loosen the bolts on the compressor housing of the turbo and flip it so the outlet of the turbo is down and not up and make a front mount kit from there. now the dp thats another story, it may very well fit, but that only gets you so far so you will have to have u or an exhaust shop make an extension pipe to go from the dp to your cat back. as in injectors just get bigger ones aftermarket for the 3. than the main thing is getting something to tune with, haltech, xfc, split second..ect

1 - 6 of 6 Posts