Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for awhile but seem to just keep hitting dead ends. I am looking for a lightweight wheel preferably 17s or 18s in chrome/silver colors.

I am looking for wheels that are under 17lbs. My price limit is $1000 shipped including tires and hardware. I am willing to spend a few hundred more but no more than that. If the wheels are under 15lbs I am willing to just buy the wheels and save up for the tires.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Re: Help me find some wheels

Enkei RPF1

Kosei K1-TS.

Both at Tirerack.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

^ haha thats funny you posted those wheels because right after I made this thread I was looking around that site and added both those rims to my wish list. Then I was going to come back to them if I couldnt find anything else! :lol: I like the Kosei wheels better and the Enkei ones do not come with a center cap and I am not gonna spend $100 on center caps.

·
Registered
461 Posts

How about Enkei RS+M's. Just ordered a set from tirerack yesterday and should be here by Friday. 1200.00 including shipping, lugs, and hub rings. 17 lbs per wheel.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Just ordered the Kosei wheels with Kumho Ecsta ASX tires for $1,253.62 shipped :smokinamd:

·
Registered
4,203 Posts

Good call, they're really nice.

You go with the 17x7's?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

[quote author=condor888000 link=topic=137159.msg2958844#msg2958844 date=1235514898]
Good call, they're really nice.

You go with the 17x7's?
[/quote]
Ya I did :goodjob:

·
Registered
4,203 Posts

Nice, can't wait to see them!

·
Registered
2,910 Posts

Enkei RPF1 FTW!

Check out tigermack. A well known Auto-x'r with his enkei. I guarantee it will make you wanna get it more

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Well they have already been shipped! :shock: :lol: The Kosei were more affordable, slightly lighter, and comes with the center caps. So it was pretty much a no brainer for me to buy them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got my wheels in today at about 3 o clock!! Only took 2 days for my order!

I dont plan on putting them on the car til winter is over. Weatherman says there is a chance of snow saturday. Can't wait til winter is done for!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Looks good. Great choice. I just didnt like how far the duel valve stems. My RS+M's are sitting at home right now but I haven't seen them yet. Stuck at work since 7 am until 7 tonight.

Dont forget to post pics once you mount them.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Dont worry. I put my RX8's on and wanted to keep them on, but weather channel is saying there are more snow and sleet coming. My tires are definitely not made for it

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya I really don't care for the dual valves that much either but its no biggie. The weather has been stupid crazy. One day it will be decent the next it will be freezing, I wish it could just stay a steady temp lol preferably around 75.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Hmmmmm, never had any issue with pulling the sticker off. Grab a set of pliers and pull again if you were just using your hands before. I know sometimes you can heat up adhesives to make them easier to pull away.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i can pull it but it's still leaving the adhesive and some of the paper behind. I dont think it's gonna hurt anything if some of it is still on there but it's kinda annoying.

·
Registered
825 Posts
that little bit of adhesive/paper will most likely be gone after about 15 minutes of driving!

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
[quote author=supercharged link=topic=137159.msg2964964#msg2964964 date=1235743199]
i can pull it but it's still leaving the adhesive and some of the paper behind. I dont think it's gonna hurt anything if some of it is still on there but it's kinda annoying.
[/quote]

You'll be fine...and the paper/adhesive will wear away in the first few miles of driving.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts