Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to keep around $200/each and 22lbs or lighter (lighter=better, but stronger > lighter)
Also, the less spokes the better - I like air. In fact, if I could afford Advan Super Ver. 2, I'd buy them despite their weight heh :)

Metro Gray Mica MS3

(not mine, but real-life)

I'm going with gold or bronze unless I find a style that doesn't come in that color that I like b/c I can always paint them.

Ideas thus far:

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Enkei's are good, so are Rotas,but they are played out, everyone has them. Im gonna be going with Tenzo most likely. There are a lot of wheels that I can recommend, but all of which are over 200 a piece. The Tenzo's are about 230 I think. How much are you willing to pay, thats the question.

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
I think there is a set of bronze 18" Enkei's like the pic in the for sale section. I don't know if they sold or not...

The link <- click...

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
If you want quality, you need to up your budget ;).

Also, how many spokes are you looking for exactly? Solid spokes, split spokes.. what?

Do you really want bronze?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=sdemo45 link=topic=139427.msg3009419#msg3009419 date=1237700349]
Also, how many spokes are you looking for exactly? Solid spokes, split spokes.. what?
[/quote]

Solid 5, split 5, maybe solid 6. Also, I should mention I hate when the spokes extend to the lip of the wheel. I'm also usually against finished lips with painted spokes. There are exceptions, however.

[quote author=sdemo45 link=topic=139427.msg3009419#msg3009419 date=1237700349]
Do you really want bronze?
[/quote]

Yes. I can't think of anything that would look better on Metro Gray Mica. I was looking at these even tho they're not bronze (Gunmetal or Machine Black,) because the prism lip would pick up the blues in the paint:

·
Registered
295 Posts
I too am looking for some lighter wheels, 22lbs or lighter for my 08 Speed 3 GT. Prefer 18" but could go 17" I guess. Looking for a classic, simple 5-spoke chrome design. I can go up to $300/wheel though I'd like to keep it around $250 per wheel if possible. Suggestions?

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
^Chrome? Why not get something like Enkei's SBC or something? Chrome is heavy as shit. Either way, you should probably start your own thread to ask that question in, considering this one isnt really similar.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can get decent wheels for around $200 each, so I don't get the big deal.

It's not like anything out there that's more expensive is that much more visually pleasing. Besides, you go from $175 each to $600 each and you save 3 lbs. woop-dee-doo :p

The hardest part is finding Bronze (or even titanium,) colored wheels.

Feel free to throw out more suggestions regardless to price. There's always sales, used and knock-offs.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote author=sdemo45 link=topic=139427.msg3035489#msg3035489 date=1238719738]
Whoa now... titanium color is an option?
[/quote]

Depends on the shade of titanium. Just like "hyperblack" is amazingly diverse...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts