Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
i'm pretty happy with the Sumitomo's handling. Very good value!

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
[quote author=DurrtyD link=topic=137692.msg2971088#msg2971088 date=1236023814]
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Exclaim+UHP&partnum=05WR7EUHPXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&place=19&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&minSpeedRating=H

I have heard a lot of good things about General Exclaims. The reviews are very good on these.
[/quote]

I've got these on, great in the summer, not so much in the winter/heavy rain. Since you are in hawaii, I wouldnt worry about the snow. These should be fine.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
well going by consumer report(not that there always right) but the dunlops were rated very high in hydroplanning so if it rains alot were u live, and want good traction dunlops may be the way to go....

·
Registered
396 Posts
might want to consider the Riken Raptor, have them on my 05 HB, stick good in the curves, no problems in the wet so far but haven't pushed it in any way in bad weather, they are noisy thou after 15k miles or so. I did not buy them they were on the car when I bought it 11/08, but like them except for the road noise.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=DurrtyD link=topic=137692.msg2971088#msg2971088 date=1236023814]
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Exclaim+UHP&partnum=05WR7EUHPXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&place=19&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&minSpeedRating=H

I have heard a lot of good things about General Exclaims. The reviews are very good on these.
[/quote]
I decided to order these tires last night.

The worst that can happen is that these tires will either blow up or wear out faster than I need. Plus, I need new tires ASAP because when my car is loaded its drivability changes (which I can predict but my passengers hate that)

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
They're not. Mine wore faster than the Falken 615's on a friends 3...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
ill assume it never snows in hawaii...

kumho spt's are really rood in the dry and wet..

comparing to pnerozer0s, falken 912s and the rsa's, the spt's are way superior.
there only 99$ a piece at tirerack

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
[quote author=Max_Sensation link=topic=137692.msg2981376#msg2981376 date=1236500398]
ill assume it never snows in hawaii...

kumho spt's are really rood in the dry and wet..

comparing to pnerozer0s, falken 912s and the rsa's, the spt's are way superior.
there only 99$ a piece at tirerack
[/quote]

I def. agree with that. Only reason I myself said Nankang is because they're like $68 a tire. The Kumho's can run you very close to $400, if not a little over but I still agree with you. Kumho's = Far superior.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts