Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so what I have read so far I think I am leaning toward the turbo xs?? Anyone got any opinions, good/bad??
I don't want a high pitch wistle, but would prefer the whoosh!!!!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
You could try the TurboSmart BOV from Streetunit. It allows you to use dual port (vent and recirc), or just full vent, or just full recirc. All in one kit. I think they will start shipping in a few weeks. Maybe sooner?

·
Registered
948 Posts
My take is just leave it all alone. Find a cost effective mod to install. Meh if someone wil know you have a turbo, you can show them when you smoke ass by em. Save that 200 bones towards tires, as we all know that well be needing them quite often specailly in the front. Or save it towards a powerincreasing mod. Just dont do it PLEASE.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know this mod doesn't help with hp or performance and is mainly for the sound and to say I have an aftermarket bov. I'm not to concerned about the cash b/c I am getting quite a large bonus and 200 bucks is nothing out of that so might as well, right??
Anyways, just looking for opinions on which is better/easier to install

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
I dont want to sound righteous, but spending the money making power rather than making noise is the wiser decision.

if money aint a thing, go for it. as far as easier to install, they all are pretty much the same, and if you get a CAI, fitment for any of them shouldnt be an issue.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im already in the GB on the mazdaspeed cai and plan on getting in on the gb for the exhaust I have been hearing about, so yeah, I got the power side covered i think...I don't want to do anything crazy that will mess up my warranty though.....also thinking about a boost gauge but can't really decide. I got a place that does work on mazda speeds in particular the miatas and I was going to go by and talk to the about the gauge situation...but other than that I don't really have anything else I am planning...that is as long as I don't see another GB for something

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I'd go with the TurboSmart. I got the HKS but I've heard the TurboSmart and I'd really like to get it.
Cullen @ StreetUnit told me to wait for the TurboSmart but I got impatient and now I kind of regret it.
Trust me on this, you'll love it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Same here. I had ordered the GReddy BOV. But Cullen called me up on the phone and asked if I wanted to wait on the one they were working on. If I didn't wanna wait, he would send out the GReddy the next day. But he just wanted to make sure. StreetUnit has great customer support! Always glad to do business with them!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so when you say turbo smart are you talking about the dual port bov?? and anyone know the difference between that one and the turboxs besides the fact that it is dual ported and adjustable??

·
Registered
797 Posts
the turbosmart will do both like the xs, but the diffrence is both will do ricerc and vta, btu the turbo smart will also do one fo the other.

One thought, if people just want the bov sound, why not just take the recirc hose and plug it and make the stock bov woudl then basically be a vta bov, wouldnt work like that without spending 200 bones? but i agree a new one also looks better.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=bani link=topic=69789.msg1214825#msg1214825 date=1171789801]
i think you should get this bov
[/quote]

:lmao:
thats the funnest shit, Id love to run that down a populated street

·
Registered
612 Posts
Not to be a dick, but BOV is worthless, until you get up there in highend mods. Unless of course you are trying to impress the guys at the local High School. Way to aim high. Besides, with the CAI you are going to hear the turbo spool up better, and the BOV as well. No need to waste money, not to mention the problems that may come with running even richer than we already do by venting. Now when the bigger turbo, pnp, fmic, etc... thats when you get it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
with what I have read I don't know If I want one that vta, was thinking about just the recirc to eliminate issues with it running richer, although I'm a little confused because I don't see one that is just the recirculating. They all seem to do both???

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
When you get a CAI , your stock BOV will sound just great. here is a vid form tru-boost.
Invest in something else. my 2 cents

[quote author=TRU-BOOST link=topic=69195.msg1199868#msg1199868 date=1171149885]
getting rid of the airbox and adding a cai will make the bov much louder. open up your airbox lid and drive around. it will sound similar to this vid...

[/quote]

·
Registered
439 Posts
[quote author=Nymisus link=topic=69789.msg1215909#msg1215909 date=1171854724]
with what I have read I don't know If I want one that vta, was thinking about just the recirc to eliminate issues with it running richer, although I'm a little confused because I don't see one that is just the recirculating. They all seem to do both???
[/quote]

Read my posts up above. It tells you the TurboSmart from StreetUnit can be whatever you want it to be....

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got the HKS SSBV kit from CP-E. I haven't installed it yet though. I'm kinda wishing I would have waited and used the money to get the Race Pipe instead.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I have used the Greddy BOV in other projects... loud but annoying. The HKS is more like a sneeze in recirc... this is what you want. I live in AZ, and a plastic BOV is just asking for trouble. A properly installed (recirc) BOV will not hurt... but it won't help much either. 200 bucks or so to me is not a big investment, and I'm gonna need one for where I am headed with this car.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=69789.msg1214876#msg1214876 date=1171806473]
[quote author=bani link=topic=69789.msg1214825#msg1214825 date=1171789801]
i think you should get this bov
[/quote]

:lmao:
thats the funnest shit, Id love to run that down a populated street
[/quote]

ROTFFLMFAO!!!!
(roll on the phucin floor laughing my phucin ass off)
WFT??????

It sounds like its dieing in there!!!!!!!!!!!

LET THE DUCK GO FREE !!!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts