Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow mazda enthusiats... I just want to give a quick introduciton. I've been browsing this board since 3 months ago. And I finally registered because i need advice. I just got back from the dealers and he said he would beat whatever the other dealers would give me so my question to you guys is , how much should i pay for a 5D(hatch) sprt pkg w/ moonroof? Because time is of the essense and I need a car by this year. I've only been to one dealership so far and that is the alhambra dealer. I am gona check out galvin mazda pretty soon so if you know any others in LA area then let me know.

EDIT: Topic heading for clarity :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the one in alhambra. I still need to check the the glendale, west covina, and galpin in van nuys. Can anyone help me with a good price I should negotiate down to?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
hahahhaa GALPIN IS MINE buddy! hahaha....jk....but i believe you can check galpin's online site.....im gettin a sedan so im not sure what price u can nego....but i know galpin is offering some pretty swete hatchbacks for i believe 26###? around that price...try to haggle it down to maybe 23 or 24? thats what we're going to try to do when we purcahse.....maybe lower though..

·
Registered
103 Posts
WOW, $26000? that about $5000 more then it would go for here in minnesota. go to www.edmunds.com and check invoice price and the commen price for your area. if its still $26,000 buy a ticket to another state and save your self $5grand if not more. for the package you want shouldnt be more the $19,000 and change
funkyfreshmonke said:
hahahhaa GALPIN IS MINE buddy! hahaha....jk....but i believe you can check galpin's online site.....im gettin a sedan so im not sure what price u can nego....but i know galpin is offering some pretty swete hatchbacks for i believe 26###? around that price...try to haggle it down to maybe 23 or 24? thats what we're going to try to do when we purcahse.....maybe lower though..
:roll:

·
Registered
984 Posts
$26,000? The fully loaded hatch is only $23K-something.

·
Registered
103 Posts
here is edmunds price for LA zip 90001....

2004 Mazda 3
s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
What Others
Are Paying

MSRP Invoice
National Base Price $16,895 $15,793 $16,604
Regional Adjustment
for Zip Code Change - - -$62
Optional Equipment $1,380 $1,186 $1,318
1MC Moonroof & 6-CD Package $890 $765 $850
1SP Sport Package $490 $421 $468
Color Adjustment - - $2
Winning Blue Mica
Destination Charge $520 $520 $520
Total with Options $18,795 $17,499 $18,382

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Isn't the sport package standard on the hatch? You shouldn't be able to select it as an option; the price should be $490 less (MSRP $18,305).

·
Registered
103 Posts
here is the def on sport pkg
1SP Sport Package
Includes 17" alloy wheels, P205/50R17 V-rated all-season tires, and side sill extensions.
does the hatch come stand with the side still extensions? or is it this option?either way its alot cheaper then the $26,000 they said.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not to sure about the HB...But I just got a quote of $20,600 OTD for a Mazda3 S, The dark gray color, with the sports package & the moon roof / 6disc package. If I want the raised spoiler it will be $400 more.

·
Registered
103 Posts
this is the price off the mazda web site
2004 MAZDA3 s 5-Door

$17,415

$19,805*

LOCALE · EDIT

TRIM · EDIT

MAZDA3 s 5-Door

5-Spd Manual

160-hp 2.3L DOHC 16-Valve I4-Cylinder

Front-Wheel Drive

PACKAGES & OPTIONS · EDIT

ABS/SAB/SAC PACKAGE
MOONROOF & 6-CD PACKAGE
XENON & TPMS PACKAGE

not to bad, should get them fown to low to mid $17,000

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in Cali though...everything is more money out here.....waht do you think I can get them down to if they are saying $21k out the door with the added spoiler??

·
Registered
103 Posts
i checked cali's prices on edmund.com last night, they are the same their as here in mn. actually the true market price was cheaper out their in cali. but just go check out www.edmunds,com,
Toeknee said:
I'm in Cali though...everything is more money out here.....waht do you think I can get them down to if they are saying $21k out the door with the added spoiler??

·
Registered
14 Posts
hotptato said:
i checked cali's prices on edmund.com last night, they are the same their as here in mn. actually the true market price was cheaper out their in cali. but just go check out www.edmunds,com,
Toeknee said:
The dealer told me he was only going to make like $500 offf of this sell at this price...I guess not huh?? What do you think he really paid for it from Mazda? I checked out that site and it came to $19k and some change without the $400 spoiler.....what do you think I could talk them down too...? I just want some idea before I go in there. Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
print out what you found out on edmunds,take it with you and show him. they are making alot more then $500 just on whats called a hold back,from they get from the dealer. for the options you want pay half of the msrp and invoice, you shouldnt have to pay more then 300-500 dollars over full invoicewhich is with ur optoins and everything. check this site also before you go, tells ya how to deal with dealers, its a great site and alot of help.
http://www.carbuyingtips.com/car3.htm

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
sweeet im on my way to the dealer tomorrow(saturday) to see if we can strike a deal =D...i have to arm myself haha..gonna bring the big guns tomororw... the PARENTS...haha

·
Registered
103 Posts
lol, their you go,thats the ticket, just remember even at invoice they make a good profit, go in with a fair set price and tell them this is what im offering,if they say no cant do it, just turn around and say thanks for your time ill go else where.its best to get at least 3 quotes and keep going back and say this is what they offerd me till you get the price you want. dont ever let them have controll

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ahh thanks for the tip guys. I"m gona head over to west covina on sunday.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts