Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those looking to donate some money. cp-e has set up a fund that 100% will go the the Japanese Red Cross. From what my relatives and friends tell me that are over in the affected areas they really need food, canned especially, and drinkable water. Since it is VERY expensive to send these items overseas, the southern regions that are unaffected have plenty. The money will do them good and they can hopefully truck everything up to aid in the relief efforts.
Please help in anyway you can.
https://www.cp-e.com/product/donations-japanese-red-cross

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Click the image in my sig for a bunch of donation options; it's a link I found a few days ago, and it keeps getting updated.

Another cool one to donate money to is the Tokyo Hackerspace; one of their members designed an LED lamp that's mounted in a glass jar and can be recharged via solar power. They're having volunteers assemble them, then they'll give them to rescue workers to distribute to people who still don't have power. I love seeing projects like this because they can make a real difference, and donations get maximized -- there's no operational overhead to their group, so every penny donated will go towards buying parts.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
well, good news, the company i work for just made a $25k donation to the Japanese red cross, and will be doing more as the recovery goes forward.

Also, they are matching the donations that employees make.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts