Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I recently bought a Mazda 3 Sport GT 2004 (bought in 2003) from a friend and there is a anoying "clunk clunk" sound in the rear right near the wheel. The sound happens pretty much for any kind of bump or imperfection in the road, no matter how fast I go. I took out everything from the trunk that seemed lose and it still makes the sound, also its not the tires/wheels because its still doing it with the winter tires. It is driving me completly mad!

I went trough this entire forum with out knowing exactly what to do to fix it.

I saw some "mount bushings and the struts" as a fix and "Mounting rubber" also. But I am not sure if that is specific to my problem. I had a few guys from work (Costco) check the car and they can't see anything wrong with it, and before I go pay labour at my local garage I would rather have an idea of what they should be looking for.

I would really appreciate any kind of advice or feedback!

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not sure if, when you said you took everything out of the trunk, you meant including the road kit under the mat or not, because i had the exact same problem as you on my 2005 3s-

If i would go over a bump, it sounded like the world was coming to an end, and i was sure it was coming from my right rear wheel- i took it to the dealer, and they said they just added some missing foam that's supposed to go around the road kit, and the sound disappeared. Got to take a loaner turbo miata for the day too :)

I hope it's something as simple as that for you too!

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
i had this similar thing happen to me the other day with my front driver............lol...but i just forgot to tighten two lugs...haha

but i would guess rdaggett's suggestion...or perhaps a shock is acting up.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm thanks for the suggestion. I'm not very "mechanicaly inclined", can I do those things myself or should I ask someone who knows cars well? Also, my dad strongly believes that a faulty or used "shock" is improbable because of the low mileage on the car (31,000km). But I guess it could still be it.

I will write your suggestions down and show them to a friend of mine. Thanks again guys! - I love this forum! =-)

---

p.s No mods, stock car... for now! 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts