Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't driven my car in about 1 week. I got in and started it and drove to the gas station, and got gas. Then I went to start it after getting gas and it wouldn't start. The lights and radio worked fine as I drove it to the gas station, about 1.5 miles. When I try to start the car, the power works, but the car clicks. While the key is held in the on position, all of the lights in the gauge flicker, and a clicking is heard. After the key is removed from the ignition, the gauges (gas, rpms) shoot to the maximum limit before returning to 0. There is no CEL. Is this just a starter or alternator problem? HELP! My car is stuck at the gas station.....

I have a 5 speed, 2005 Mazda3 Hatch 2.3 Litre with 59000 miles.

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
That clicking is usually the battery because it just can not start your car what-so-ever. Get a jump, let it run and hopefully that'll get you to where you need to be.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I second Aeffles when your battery cannot start your motor the car will just click. It probably happened since you left your car sitting for a while then only drove it for 1.5 miles the battery didn't have time to fully recharge before you got to the gas station. Jump it and drive around then home.

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Just make sure that once you jump it you let it run and drive around a bit. A good 10 to 15 mins should be sufficient. Then of course make sure to run it periodically and keep it alive specially in cold weather. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts