Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shock:

Air tools for tightening lower strut bolt=bad idea.

I broke that 17mm bolt that clamps the arm around the strut. I had to use drill bit extractor set to get it out..

anyway, does anyone know the part number for that? I'm thinking I should probably get the right bolt and not go to the local hardware store and get one that 'looks close'.

thanks for any help...

Paul

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I had a "bolt" problem before. I actually called Mazda and asked them if they sold individual bolts and the guy told me that normally when they work on cars they go to a fastener company in the local area. I had a HARD time finding a metric bolt with Mazda specs at several hardware stores but I bet if you look for a company that specializes in bolts and fasteners, take in one of the other non-damamged bolts, they can find one for you. With me the guy came back in like 30 seconds with a bolt I had been looking for for almost 9 hours. Good luck.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I went to the hardware store and got some bolts that "were close", just to hold it together temporarily. The dealership had to order the part and it's coming in wednesday. The "close" ones are a harder bolt, but I'm not driving very far until I get the ones from Mazda - probably being overly cautious, but I needed an excuse to stay home from work and watch the playoffs anyway. 8) :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts