Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new 2007 Mazda 3 hatchback and i love it! The only car that they could get me came with the Sirus radio hooked up, and of course the standard Auxiliary audio input. We bought all of the correct wiring to connect our ipod, and it wont work! The Aux mode isnt even an option when i cycle through the modes. We read the car's manual and there is nothing in there that helps us. Does anyone know if the sirius overrides the audio input? That doesnt make sense to me, but i need to check all of my options...has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Yes, when they install the Sirius it disables the aux in. Luckily, Mazda makes a box that will allow you to use both; it's about $120 through the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, thanks for the reply! I am very upset! They assured me at the dealer that the sirus (which i did not want, but agreed to b/c it was the only car available) would not affect the aux in. I spoke to the dealer last week, and they assured me once again that that was not the case. I really hope they make this work, without charging me, as i did not want the sirus, but wanted the aux input.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You will have to demand that they pay for the $120.00 switch box and that they also put it in for free then. A lot of dealers are not familiar with this, due to it being new for 2007. But, if they assured you that both would work before you bought the car, then they should eat the cost to make it work as promised.

If you are going to plug an ipod into it be prepared to hear some interference if you plan on charging the ipod while listening to it. If you only plan on listening to it with it's built in battery, you won't have a problem. If you connect a charging cord to it at the same time, you will need to install a ground loop isolator (a forum search will tell you all about it).

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Well, if you don't want the Sirius you can just have them unplug it from the headunit and plug the aux in back in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
+1

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=64644.msg1214239#msg1214239

Dealer inspected my (similar) issue today and they agreed with me (thanks to IC and Zero).
They accepted responsibility for disabling the ACI when installing the factory Sirius and are comping the Switchbox part #TD1379CFZ. They were glad to learn of this problem and happy to order the part etc.
The Service Dept said no one with the '07s had yet required all of the input buttons to work - now they know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: Help! Auxiliary input STILL doesnt work
My dealer's (Diablo Mazda in Walnut Creek CA) service dept was NOT able to get the switchbox part installed today - I had them order the TD13-79-CFZ switchbox to reactivate the ACI that was disabled when Sirius was installed.
"Due to the factory installed navi unit" on my GT, they said they were unable to connect the switchbox to the head unit's auxillary input.
My GOD! I was hoarse when I left after patiently trying to explain how this equipment should work- If I had more time to explain to them I would have gone deep into the dash and showed them.
I also need more detailed information / diagrams / photos to back this up for my next attempt on this install through the "experts"
I left without the aux console input functioning, but the Navi, Sirius and everything else still works. argh.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow. I had the switchbox installed on my GT with the Navigation & Sirius and it works fine. The should be no problem installing the switchbox with the factory navigation system. I did have the dealer install it rather than doing it myself to maintain the warranty.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks BMohr - can I refer my dealership's service quacks to your dealership's service dept in Michigan?
They need serious help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sure. I had it done a Sesi Mazda in Ypsilanti. They were also a little confused at first as it was the first time they had installed one with a navigation unit, but everything works fine now. I even tested my ipod for dreaded whine wile charging. No problems. I'm able to power my ipod and listen through the Aux port without any whine. That saves me from buying the ground loop isolator.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Outstanding!
ICSPOTS also relayed / confirmed the same - that the TD13-79-CFZ switch box is the answer and my dealer is :crazy:.
Thanks much again. I will have my dealer call Sesi Mazda in Ypsilanti, MI as well as Bob Moore Mazda in Oklahoma City, OK (courtesy of Resident Guru) to get it right next time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts