Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Getting an alarm installed and pretty much all hooked up now.
Got a call though from the installers as they couldn't work out how to install the door sensors to pick up any intrusions.

In the end I think they had to just tap into the bulb light for the dome so that when this was set off by any doors, the alarm would go off. I take it this is one useful method as well?

Does anyone know how to properly wire the 2005 Mazda 3 to an upgraded factory alarm on top of the current system?

John~

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ummmm, hate to tell you this, but if they can't install that right then they should go back to mowing lawns.
Using the dome light will possibly do wierd things as it's on a delay circuit.

I'll give you a hint.
The door 'switches' are actually in the lock assembly, each one then feeds back to the PJB, there is a single wire coming out of the PJB that can be used for the door trigger.

Ok, I'll make it easy for.
Remove passenger kick panel - main loom - white/light blue with TWO silver dots.
This is for an 06 (aus) model, so should be the same for the 05.

Oh, please don't tell these twits that have done the rest of the install.
I don't believe they deserve to know....

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
from DEI: The LF door is black/yellow, the RF door is black/blue, the LR door is black/orange, and the RR door is black/green. Use all four wires and diode isolate each. These wires are found at the Passenger Junction Box behind the glove box or in the passenger kick.

I used a single wire on mine, the dome delay has no effect, as when the doors are locked, the dome goes out. IIRC, it was a black/blue wire in the passenger kick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts