Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm sorry this is probably a noob question, but I can't seem to find what this part is called. I tried describing it and what not, but the search bar is sending me for a trip. Please help me.

2007 MS3 (not my picture, found on google. if this is your car - thanks).

It's the hose/line that is highlighted green. The Cobb manual calls it a vacuum line but the Mazda dealership guys don't know what I'm talking about. If you have a part number, that would be even better. Or if you have the OEM part and willing to sell it, I'm looking for one.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your help.

I'm not sure what the "pre-smoking turbo fix" setup is, but I current have a HPS SRI in my car that is not certified for use in California. I have recently purchased a Cobb SRI to replace it, but the line in question was removed when I installed the HPS since it came with a silicone tubing, whereas the Cobb does not.

I was able to use a heater hose as a makeshift line, but I figured that might be a cheap part I can get from a junk yard or off the forum if someone totaled their car, but I had not idea what to call it to even start looking.

Is there something that I should do to prevent the smoking turbo while I am replacing this line? I'm at 127K without my turbo smoking.

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Thank you both for your help.

I'm not sure what the "pre-smoking turbo fix" setup is, but I current have a HPS SRI in my car that is not certified for use in California. I have recently purchased a Cobb SRI to replace it, but the line in question was removed when I installed the HPS since it came with a silicone tubing, whereas the Cobb does not.

I was able to use a heater hose as a makeshift line, but I figured that might be a cheap part I can get from a junk yard or off the forum if someone totaled their car, but I had not idea what to call it to even start looking.

Is there something that I should do to prevent the smoking turbo while I am replacing this line? I'm at 127K without my turbo smoking.
I'm a bit rusty on this, but that picture I found/posted jogged my memory a bit.

Certain 2007/2008 Mazdaspeed3s had issues with oil not draining from the turbo and smoking producing lots of oil smoke in the exhaust. There was a fix for that, and it came by default in the 2008.5-2009 mazdaspeed3s, and was likely also fixed under warranty on the pre-2008.5 models (once again, per the picture).

As a result of the re-routing of the vent hose, there were also pre and post smoking turbo fix SRI/CAIs. I guess you just found that out the hard way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts