Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a Mazda3i 2009 Sport Sedan 4D, the transmission is 4speed automatic. The transmission needs to be rebuilt because it will not drive when it hits 3rd-4th gear. All other gears are fine. (I don’t know if that matters or if it’ll make it cheaper to rebuild) I have put a lottt of money into this car and I don’t know if it is worth repairing, if I should part it out or just part out the transmission & use that money to get a new one. Does anyone have any advice? Or any resources you could steer me towards? I don’t know much about cars so It would be so greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Did you rule out a malfunctioning transmission control module (TCM)? I don't know much about the automatics, but I do know that the TCM is a notorious failure point for the 1st-Generation 3's automatics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you rule out a malfunctioning transmission control module (TCM)? I don't know much about the automatics, but I do know that the TCM is a notorious failure point for the 1st-Generation 3's automatics.
I haven’t even thought about that! I’m going to look into that, I appreciate your input and help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts