Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to spend a good deal of time on the mazda3forums side of things back when I had a 3 and then a speed3. Well, my wife Tara and I just picked up this new Spirited Green 2 (or "cuddle car" as Tara called it from the first time she ever saw one) , so I can come back to the fold now. I just wanted to re-introduce myself and my Wife and the car.

Tara had absolutely no interest in cars or the modifying thereof until I pointed out to her that you don't have to make them loud and racey looking, you can in fact embrace their japanese adorable-ness, so we've set out to make the Hello Kittyest 2 out there. We've got the big parts done already, but this'll be an ongoing project whenever we find something new and exciting that fits the build.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Added the tailpipe pic. Because it's not an urban legend.

Also put the Demio badge on today and took the 2 off, although I didn't get a pic of that one yet.

Also, was driving it back from the muffler shop today, and had someone roll their window down in traffic to ask if they could take a picture. that was a first for me

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just installed the factory arm rest in the HK2. was about a 45 minute job, and would have been much quicker if i could find the battery to my cordless drill and didnt have to keep coming inside.

the inside of the armrest holds 6 cds in little slots, and has room for a pair of sunglasses in the front, and the top is very nicely padded.

fun fact: there's only one bolt and 3 plastic pieces holding the entire center console to the car. mazda engineering is remarkable.

We're driving 2 hours to tampa on monday; i'm looking forward to giving it some use then.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Awesome looking 2! Welcome to the 2 forums. I'm looking into getting the armrest myself actually so I'll probably PM you for some pointers when I do, lol. Glad to see someone else on these forums :)

I totally didn't notice you were in Orlando until just now. The next FL Mazda meet we have, it'd be great to see another 2 out there.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Absolutely welcome to PM me with any arm-rest questions. We just did 17 hours each way to IL and back in the 2 and having the arm rest there was a must.

Definitely interested in coming out to the next meet? I've watched FL threads on and off here but none seem all that active regularly; is there one in particular to watch for meets? I've got the Miata i'd love to bring out as well, but the wife's is definitely the one worth showing off out of the 2.

I asked in the Dr.s thread before i saw you replied over here, so I'll ask it here to not threadjack. Did the drop-in filter do anything at all? i usually get them for my cars that i'm not putting an intake in, but they never really seem to do much. I'm on the fence whether to bother with that, or just put the money toward sways. thoughts?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
After looking more at the Mazda armrest, I may end up buying the aftermarket boomerang one but I'm still on the fence now and need to research a bit more.

As for the FL meets, we really haven't been too active in the past year but I'm starting to get a second wind for scheduling meets and such again so i'd love to get a Daytona meet together in the near future. Gonna update the southeast page a bit and get things back on track so I'll keep you updated :)

I replied on Drs page about the drop in but after seeing you're considering sway bars, i'd go for those for sure. Definitely a more noticeable difference there over a drop in or intake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts