Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Let me Start off with this first..

I'm a Fella who digs nice cars like this car and pt cruisers n all that, I'm a PT Cruiser Owner, Unfortunately Ive lost interest into PT's a while back and when Ive been looking for new cars to get.. and my EYES laid on the Mazda 3.. I must say "WOW" sweet looking car. I wouldn't mind owning one of those in White either a Sedan or Hatchback either one.

now My question is, I'm like 6'4'' and I'm worried that it might not be comfortable for me or something, I haven't had a chance to sit in one to see how I like it, Nor I never test drove it. I plan to sometime.

I plan getting the Fully LOADED options on either of those 2 cars, But the problem is.

For any of you have the Xenon HID Package. I wanna know how do you like them, Are they hella bright? n all that.

For the Nav System - I wanted to know if its worth it but I dint need one really but it would be cool to have one in your ride incase you wanna know the local nearby places n all that.

Anything else I should know about this ride?

Pro n Cons on anything.

The Specs for the engine doesn't meet my requirements but 160 HP is fine and powerful and my PT only runs a 150 HP 4 Cylinder since its a NON Turbo Model and I like the Turbo Model but there out of my price range and the M3 Meets the requirements, I dint need the performance but if they ever released a turbo model version of the M3. I would consider getting an engine swap or so.

I would get the Loaded White Sedan One with the xenon package n nav system n leather n all that but which one do you prefer I should get.

I like sedan cars the most just.. big and roomy.

IM Just curious about this ride to see how ya'll like it, I dunno if i wanna get rid of my PT for that but that car is just.. popped in my mind I like the way it looks.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
BMW M3 though, well, that would kick the 3 out of the water, but hey, we're talking like 20 grand more. :wink:

Personal opinion is that the 3 is the car to beat in this category (with the exception of the Neon SRT-4, but that thing's not built for this catagory).

·
Registered
2 Posts
rpc180: he's not talkin' about BMW M3, his M3 is as in Mazda3,

Digital1: all your questions has been answered one time or another, and can be found by going through the posts in this board, read through them, it'll help you learn more about the 3 and all the info you need to know.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i'm 5'10" and have good headroom, but if i was around 6'2" without reclining the seat back....i would have a problem.

since your 6'4" you'll have to check out the car at the dealership and sit in it the way you would normally, and then see how it feels.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rpc180 said:
BMW M3 though, well, that would kick the 3 out of the water, but hey, we're talking like 20 grand more. :wink:
-Drools- I wish I had the money fot a BMW M3 :twisted: :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LL said:
rpc180: he's not talkin' about BMW M3, his M3 is as in Mazda3,

Digital1: all your questions has been answered one time or another, and can be found by going through the posts in this board, read through them, it'll help you learn more about the 3 and all the info you need to know.
Ya I know, Ive been reading them all and my head is like blah blah like im reading to many of those and I would like it in one of my thread but I apologize I guess I will re-read all the post and see what I missed out..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
6_funk said:
i'm 5'10" and have good headroom, but if i was around 6'2" without reclining the seat back....i would have a problem.

since your 6'4" you'll have to check out the car at the dealership and sit in it the way you would normally, and then see how it feels.
Hm, I may have a problem with that but I guess I will have to go to the dealer 1 Day and sit in one and see how it works out.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Dayum... 6'4"

If Shaq can fit into a Ferrari (custom of course) then you can too! But seriously, I have a friend that is just shy of 6' and he looks comfortable but he dont feel it. He likes to drive nearly straight up and down also, so I thinking with the seat reclined a bit you maybe ok.

But best is sit in it. If it fits you and you like it... well, ya know the rest :)

·
Registered
744 Posts
rpc180 said:
BMW M3 though, well, that would kick the 3 out of the water, but hey, we're talking like 20 grand more.
I am thinking more like 30 grand more.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Well the car has a seat height adjustment so that can help. I'm 6' tall give or take a quarter and I don't have any issues. You may have to sacrifice the sunroof to regain some clearance but I guess it really depends on how your body is configured. I am more upper torso while other tall guys may be more long in the legs if you know what I mean. At any rate best to just sit in the car and try it out, and use the seat height adjustment to see if you can get comfortable.

Enjoy the boards!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm 6'4" too, and my 3 Sport fits perfectly. I did skip the moonroof from the options list, and it makes a big difference. PTs are definitely more spacious on this point. Ditto for rear seat space.

The MZ3 is certainly a great car. Handles well, goes exactly where you tell to, when you tell it to. Seats are very comfortable, adjustable in height and have lumbar support. It also has all kinds of neat extras, like steering wheel controls for the radio ( I use those every day now) and rain/light sensing wipers/headlights (on canadian cars only).

My main beef with it the the hatchback design, actually. It can't be unlocked manually and you have to put your hand in the worst spot possible to open it (on top of the bumper, right where the windshield washer liquid drains all the dirt from the back window when you use it... yuk). Looks clean, but it's not cool when you have to open it after a snowfall or a long drive on dirty roads. The extra room back there more than makes up for it when comparing to the sedan, though.

From what I hear, the nav system takes up quite a bit of room in the glovebox and is not especially useful if you can read a map. It's also inferior to PDA-based units

Xenons are probably fun to have, but I'm not sure I'd buy them if they were available up here. they blind other drivers, have a very sharp cutoff pattern and are super expensive to repair.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im gonna see if I can test drive one this weekend n see how I like it.

but they dont have a white sedan

anyone got any pics of a white mazda 3 sedan with all the goodies or w/out the goodies.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
lol search the forum bro =)....i think most of ure questions have been answered in other threads...but glad uve taken an interest in the 3 ;) heheee 3 NATION!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I called the dealership to see if I could come out n test drive one and they said NO. I asked why and they said they have a few and there to new to be test driven and if im a serious buyer and wanting to test drive one I can unless i buy them today or so?

sounds like.. I dunno.

Oh well. the other dealers for mazda is to far from me.

:roll: :evil:

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
If they dont offer test drives to anyone, then they arent serious about selling them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I know.

I was upset that they wouldnt let me test drive one. How can people wanna buy one if they dont like it by not test driving one.

sounds like a rip off.

i would go to another dealer but theres one 2 hrs away from me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts