Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my name is gregg. i am stationed at ft.hood texas with the army. we just traded my wifes 1993 bmw 740iL (money pit) in for a base model 2005 mazda3 with an automatic. it is black mica (i think thats what its called) with tan cloth seats. we took the original steelies with hub caps and put on my buddies mazda6 factory alloy 17's. next is pink pinstriping. after that who knwos.... well if you wanna know anything else just ask :klavergreg:

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
Re: hello everyone

Welcome to the forums!

pink? :D

·
Registered
2,826 Posts

[quote author=greggk link=topic=71827.msg1263752#msg1263752 date=1173744900]
my name is gregg. i am stationed at ft.hood texas with the army. we just traded my wifes 1993 bmw 740iL (money pit) in for a base model 2005 mazda3 with an automatic. it is black mica (i think thats what its called) with tan cloth seats. we took the original steelies with hub caps and put on my buddies mazda6 factory alloy 17's. next is pink pinstriping. after that who knwos.... well if you wanna know anything else just ask :klavergreg:
[/quote]

Will there be kittens on the floor mats?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts

Looking at your sig, it appears that you know your stuff. Hope to see some mods soon. You know what would actually look kind of trick? Do a black wheel with a pink stripe around the lip. Thinking of doing the same to mine in red.

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

as a temporary mod we put the mazda6 17" wheels on it.... totally different look

·
Registered
2,006 Posts

[quote author=greggk link=topic=71827.msg1263877#msg1263877 date=1173748434]
- - - i have a hemi durango
[/quote]

God, that sounds like a medical condition. I hope there are pills and an ointment for it. Mazda, however, sounds nice. :goodjob:

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

the bmw was a fantastic car no doubt, but the maintnance prices on it were a killer.

but by no means are they in the same league but the mazda3 feels more user friendly and feels more in tune with the driver as the bmw felt like it was doing everything for you. but this little car is for the most pat awesome. its very nimble, great gas mileage, surprisingly roomy for its size and just an overall attractive car. with the mazda6 17's it looks even more sharpo than before, without being overbearing. the wifey has some great plans which will be done during deployment

·
Registered
31,083 Posts

[quote author=chris17house link=topic=71827.msg1272112#msg1272112 date=1174086437]
Sounds good, how do you like the way it drives compared to the beamer?
[/quote]

i had a '96 328Ci convertable back in the last century. :D
( and no, i'm not gay. not that there's anything wrong with that. :p )

the 3 is much more fun to drive. the 3-series was fun to drive, don't get me wrong, but the mazda3 is much more nimble, stops fasters, and get's better mileage (slightly). It's hard to compare RWD and FWD though...although I was rarely drifting the bmw. lol

they were similary equiped but the beemer was heavier i'm sure, both with heated leather..etc, but i didn't have HIDs, LEDs or auto-climate., so comfort is is a push. ragtop was loud, so no advantage there.

the bmw fell victim to lb crackheads. rip. they tore it up to steal a basically worthless stock HU, and they didn't take the amp or the manual with the pw inside it. stupid sh*ts! :x

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=71827.msg1272443#msg1272443 date=1174096694]
[quote author=chris17house link=topic=71827.msg1272112#msg1272112 date=1174086437]
Sounds good, how do you like the way it drives compared to the beamer?
[/quote]

i had a '96 328Ci convertable back in the last century. :D
( and no, i'm not gay. not that there's anything wrong with that. :p )

the 3 is much more fun to drive. the 3-series was fun to drive, don't get me wrong, but the mazda3 is much more nimble, stops fasters, and get's better mileage (slightly). It's hard to compare RWD and FWD though...although I was rarely drifting the bmw. lol

they were similary equiped but the beemer was heavier i'm sure, both with heated leather..etc, but i didn't have HIDs, LEDs or auto-climate., so comfort is is a push. ragtop was loud, so no advantage there.

the bmw fell victim to lb crackheads. rip. they tore it up to steal a basically worthless stock HU, and they didn't take the amp or the manual with the pw inside it. stupid sh*ts! :x
[/quote]

ouch that sucks

·
Registered
990 Posts
Looks good man. I had the front license plate holder on mine too. When i took it off it looked 100 times better. I dont know if its the law down there to have it, plus it looks like its drilled into your front bump. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
yup front liscense plates in illinos too, sucks but i already got a ticket for it so in my books its just not worth it taking it off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts