Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, thanks for having me on the forum.
Car is a 2012 3 2.0. Blower motor only works in high speed, lamp on AC button does not light when pressed & air coming from vents is not cold.
A/C was working fine up until now.
Are the 2 issues related?

Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
It needs diagnosis not guesswork, and it doesn't sound like you are a DIYer. If I'm wrong about that then post back on what to test, otherwise find a good independent shop for evaluation of the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It needs diagnosis not guesswork, and it doesn't sound like you are a DIYer. If I'm wrong about that then post back on what to test, otherwise find a good independent shop for evaluation of the problem.
hmm. No fuses are burned, so it's not that./
I guess I should have phrased the question: "Has anyone observed that AC compressor/button lamp won't energize when resistor fails? Did compressor/button lamp start functioning again after resistor was replaced?"

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've never read another account of the AC not working just because of a resistor problem, but that doesn't mean it hasn't or can't happen. I would test the resistor first, instead of just replacing it. But your vehicle, your choice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never read another account of the AC not working just because of a resistor problem, but that doesn't mean it hasn't or can't happen. I would test the resistor first, instead of just replacing it. But your vehicle, your choice.
You have now. I replaced the resistor. Not only did that enable blower operation at speeds 1, 2 & 3, the A/C button lamp illuminates and compressor clutch energizes.
Not much point testing a resistor if you can visually see an open circuit on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts