Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone heel and toe in their Mazda 3. This is one thing that annoys me about the car. It seems that the accelerator pedal is far below the brake making heel and toe gear changes virtually impossible. Sometimes if I hit the brake pedal arm (not the pad) with the ball of my foot I can do it. But it is quite difficult. How do you guys find it?

· Registered
444 Posts
find it impossible...=\

· Registered
650 Posts
I'm not size 17 but size 15 works ok for me with the aftermarket pedals. I have trouble not pressing multiple pedals at the best of times.

· Registered
444 Posts
speaking of aftermarket pedals( those screw/clip on ones), are they ok?
One of my friend says that they come loose here and there...

How have you guys experienced it..thats the only reason i havent got aftermarket pedals yet..
can get em at kmart for $20.sweet..haha..who cars about brand..size matters.hehe

· Registered
743 Posts
Maybe wear some big high heels.

And wear a dress and makeup to compliment the effect.

· Registered
650 Posts
It's a very strange angle but your foot isn't flat, it's more of the outer side of the heel that hits the accelerator.
I can't do it in business shoes but in my runners it's ok because they are bulkier with wide flat soles.

G

·
I got OBX type R pedals for 50 bucks...

They look very nice for the price...

They seemed to fit ok... but after a while they would get lose...
Steve-o's got them as well and he hasn't had a problem with them...

I drilled mine in just to be on the safe side!!!

· Registered
650 Posts
Mine have come loose a couple of times but I have just tightened the screws. It's not the ideal clamping system to hold them on but it does the job.

I had some on a previous car that had metal clips that ran down the back of the pedal from the top to the bottom of the pedal and they never came loose.

· Registered
444 Posts
cheers..now i just gotta pay kmart a visit..lol

· Registered
444 Posts
there werent actualyl too bad at kmart...same quality as those cheaper quality ones as same as repco or supercheap, autoone but $10-15 cheaper..

To be more concise, i find similar pedals are cheaper in kmart than the car accesories stores.

· Registered
650 Posts
I find BigW to be the far superior supplier of quality after market parts. :)

· Registered
650 Posts
I drove from North Sydney all the way to Bankstown to get my stubby antenna from Repco last weekend. Checked nearly every spares shop on the north shore and couldn't fine any so had to resort to the long drive.

· Registered
444 Posts
yeah..different stores have different type of stock...
the other day i bought 10 TYPE S 12cd cases cuz they were on sale for $3 from a already marked $5...when to pay for it..it was $1...so i bought 10 in total..lol

just gave em out for my friends...too bad i hadn't known you guys earlier..otherwise i would've got each of u one...they really nice..'wetsuit' material too!

Steve-o, we could've arranged somethign easier for you..since i live down there.hehe.
but for $7 antenna, you cannot find it anywhere..worth the drive..online i see the exact antenna selling for $23US.. :shock:

i wouldn't mind stock some up to sell to peeps

· Registered
650 Posts
I didn't mind the drive but when I had to fill up with petrol later that weekend I got a nasty shock. 106.9 for Shell Optimax.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.