Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come car manufacturers make winter packages with heated seat, mirrors, seatblets, pedals,.... but no heated steering wheel. Im sorry, but my @ss emits a lot more heat than my poor frozen fingers trying their hardest to grip my freezing steering wheel. There's already power running to the airbag, how hard would it be to run a coil through the steering wheel. Maybe I should have gotten some sort of patent on this, but someone had to have thought of it before me. Why don't they make it?

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
wear gloves.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I believe that it is something available only for the weathly at this time just the way air bags, heated seats, adjustable pedals, and navigation once were. I don't think that it would be too complicated to have a heated steering wheel in all vehicles, but they might not have it available unless in highly priced cars so people have to pay a lot to get that option.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Vent the heat toward your fingers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is something available on Audis, Volvos, BMWs, Mercedes.... Perhaps a few other top-end brands. Nice. I agree, totally more useful than heated seats.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
It has been/is still available on the Nissan Maxima. It is the lowest price car that I know of that has this feature. It comes in a package with heated seats.

I do agree that a heated steering wheel would be more useful than heated seats, especially with cloth seats not getting that cold.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket option for heated stering wheels? esp, heated wheels that retain airbag safety?

For that matter, a heated shift knob would be nice!

hell, heated hvac controls too!!!!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
A company ova here does custom steering wheels and wheels out of straight billet. They can add cool and hot air coming from the steering wheel.

They are usually for custom rods and muscle cars.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've got it!!!

Step 1: Buy Leather gloves at wal-mart.

Step 2: Microwave gloves

Step 3: Put gloves on slowly

Step 4: Run out to car

This way, you have heated door handles, shit knob, and stering wheel!!!

btw, I charge $0.25 for following this hardcore procedure to achieve these luxury comforts. Please mail to: [email protected] 12254 youvegottabekiddingme blvd, Rock Hill, SC 29732

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
vaBooM said:
DJ Spencer said:
wear gloves.
Just not the shiny ones that reflect light.
Who do you hang with? Elton John and Michael Jackson?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hahaha

Heated seats and heated steering wheel aren't available on the 3.

I think some options should remain in luxury cars. The people that buy them have the money to dish out for the maintenenace of these vehicle's fancy options/problems. Let them be the guiny pigs.

Mercedes can keep introducing weirdo features until other major car manufactuers come up with a way to get them out reliably. Kinda like Mercedes new fly-by-wire breaks on their E-series. How smart! (still have hydraulic back-ups just in case).

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I'd have to say that is true.

The NAV is really the top feature that the 3 has to offer, pushing it into the realm of high class car.

The rest of the features are quality (except for excessive brake dust) and make the car the value that it should be. Another few options, and it might as well compete with the 6, Accord, and Camary. (i.e. at $24k+

1 - 20 of 25 Posts