Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there :)

I've been looking to purchase a Mazda 3 for some time now and I plan on purchasing a used one (2006/2007 model). I'm looking for a 3s GT with leather and manual.

I have two questions:

How come some models have automatic climate with a digital temperature read out, and others have the mechanical climate control where you select the fan speed yourself? I've looked at Mazda's website and have not been able to see a difference.

My other question is, what models have heated seats? I'm quite certain that only the GT's had heated seats since they were the only ones to come equipped with leather seats, but how come they are so rare to find?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Thanks, that's important as models and trim vary by market.

All GT trim will have auto climate control, leather and heated seats. If you're seeing one with leather only, it's a Touring, not a GT.

If you're choosing between an 06 and 07, try to find an 07 as 07 added stability and traction control, ipod jack, revised bumpers and silver interior trim along with some chassis reinforcements.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet! Thanks for the information! Now the question is, should I buy new or used. Purchasing an 07 with what I'm looking for probably runs around 16k, or I could just buy new for around 21k GT, with 0 percent APR and $1000 cash back.

·
Registered
77 Posts
[quote author=kxl77 link=topic=135631.msg2920316#msg2920316 date=1234053941]
Sweet! Thanks for the information! Now the question is, should I buy new or used. Purchasing an 07 with what I'm looking for probably runs around 16k, or I could just buy new for around 21k GT, with 0 percent APR and $1000 cash back.
[/quote]

Figure that you'll save at least $1500 over the course of the loan with 0% and deduct an additional $1000 for the cash back, and sounds like the difference is going to be closer to $3000 for a new one over the used one. Plus, you've got yourself a brand new warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts