Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've seen discussion of this elsewhere, but I forgot where.... Anyway today I was at the dealership to take a test drive finally (it was fun!) and as we're casually talking I mention that I hadn't made my mind up about the interior because leather would be so cold without heated seats during winter.

The dealer mentioned that they can install seat warmers as a dealer accessory, no problem. I was kinda suprised because from what I'd read earlier, people made it seem that it'd be a hassle or hard to do.

He quoted me a price of about $225 per seat and estimated that it'd be $400 or $500 to do both the front seats for a simple "On/Off" based system, and that you could even go higher and choose a system that has different temperature bases. Well, On/Off is fine for me to toast up those cold leather seats, I don't know what the switches will look like when they install but I imagine that they'll be straight from Mazda, maybe they'll even steal the switches from the 6, who knows but this will definately be something I ask more about next time I go into the dealership to do some paperwork.

Just thought some of you who are turned off by the cold leather might want to know that it's not too much more to do.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Lemme know what the switches look like. If its well built in (preferably two seperate switches) I might think about getting it. But if it looks cheap or looks like it doesn't belong in the car, that would change my mind. I like the interior to look good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts