Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of Tein Basic Coilovers on my 04 Mazda 3 HB, and when i am driving down the road, i can hear a thumping sound... It sounds like its coming from the front left side as you sit in the car. Has anyone had any problems with coilovers on their mazda 3s'??

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Maybe it's the hamster that powers our cars making the noise.

Anyways, I'd jack that side up, and check the torque on the bolts and make sure everything is correct.

If one bolt is hand tightened but not torqued to spec, it will make a thump sound like you are describing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had that problem with my 05 sedan after installing tein s tech springs. Im not sure how you car drives now or sounds but mine made a short thump about ever tire roation. I had it towed to a shop to find I had nocked my cv joint loose. Apperanlty when I was lowering my suspension arm to remove the supsenison I over extended my cv joint and caused it to fail inside. I will be hoping this did not happen to you because they first tried to rebuild the joint which took 3 weeks and then just ended up ordering a new one which took 3 weeks to be delivered. Lets just say I was very unhappy for the 6 weeks without my car and the 600 dollar bill to fix the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts