Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some guy at Goodyear told me it was 180 dollars to replace my headlights because they were HID bulbs. I don't need these bulbs right? I can just pick up some cheaper ones correct?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Sounds like you have OEM HIDs? What's the problem with them and we'll point you in the right direction.

FYI, don't go to Goodyear for light bulbs!

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
27,077 Posts
Do you have HID's? Or do you have the standard headlights? Do you have a GT? Do you have a headlight adjustment next to your instrument panel light adjustment?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both are burnt out and im pretty sure its not a fuse because they are the only lights not working and one when out first, came back on and now both are out....I went to good year for an oil change. thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=blackbox link=topic=138651.msg2987896#msg2987896 date=1236794967]
Both are burnt out and im pretty sure its not a fuse because they are the only lights not working and one when out first, came back on and now both are out....I went to good year for an oil change. thanks
[/quote]

The guy said I had HID's but I just want something cheap that will do the job so can I replace them with something standard?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Weird that they both went out at once.

You may have a problem with your ballasts or you may need new DS2 bulbs. The housings are different so you can't just put any bulb in and have them work. You need to see if it's a bulb or ballast issue first. Since you have an 06, are you still under warranty?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One went out and I gave it a little knock and it came back on. Then sometime past (few days or a week or so) and other cars were flashing at me and I realized both were out.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Again, can you confirm for us that you have HIDs? Look to the left of your steering wheel, is there a knob with 0-3 selections on it next to the dimmer knob? If so then you have HIDs.

First off you can't just throw different bulbs in there that are cheaper, you need HID bulbs. It's a completely different technology from standard filament based incandescent bulbs...... it's more akin to a fluorescent light. If it is the bulbs that are bad try checking out HIDplanet.com as you can usually find a pair for about $75.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=Tee link=topic=138651.msg2993741#msg2993741 date=1237008684]
http://store.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=73&osCsid=c49cffaa562276300b8728747a0fd02d

Brightest bulb, best price.
[/quote]

50$ for a pair of Philips bulbs is even cheaper than a pair of Chinese bulbs...no way these are genuine Philips bulbs. Lots of counterfeit Philips parts out there. Plus these are used like they say.... :shock:

We sell D2S Philips bulbs from Germany and 50$ a bulb is not even the wholesale cost per bulb.

Oliver

·
Registered
268 Posts
Really? Is that why the pair I own are the brightest i've had yet?

They are slightly used and hence cannot be sold at new price. I dont know anyone in their right mind that would pay you guy's price for bulbs

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
[quote author=Tee link=topic=138651.msg3002130#msg3002130 date=1237396988]
Really? Is that why the pair I own are the brightest i've had yet?

They are slightly used and hence cannot be sold at new price. I dont know anyone in their right mind that would pay you guy's price for bulbs[/quote]
+1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts