Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, based on Consumer Reports last year April 2003 issue on headlights, the Mazda Protege5, had the farthest seeing headlights. On low beam, able to see 600ft in front of itself. I wanted to see how well it lit the ground, so if anyone has a Mazda Protege5, can u post some pics at a drivers persepective with the headlights on at night. In addition, which one do you guys think is better?

·
Registered
481 Posts
wow they ranked as the best?!
i knew they were great lights but... !

I would say the mz3 is equally as good, the projectors condense the halogen light more tho so maybe they wouldnt reach as far... i dunno im no headlight expert, but I definitely enjoyed the lights on my old P5 and enjoying the ones on my 3 now!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good to hear at least.

·
Registered
63 Posts
doruf you wanted a picture of the Proto5 at night ??? I can arrange that if needed.....let me know.....

Also does that test include the fogs?? or not?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yah sure, u can include the fogs on and off test man, thanks, I appreciate that Strider Hiryu. I would like to see it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One another thing, don't turn your lights on snow, I think some parts of Northern VA still has snow, I know some parts of Northern KY does, and we are next to you. So yah, if you can get pics of the beam cutoff, and how it is inside the car, that would be great thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts