Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm looking for some help here.
I went out and spent $60 at Canadian tire on a pair of H7 Silverstar's. I then tried to install them and found that it was not a straight swap. There appears to be an extension piece on the plug side of the stock bulb. It would not pull off, so I couldnt install them. I'm sitting on a pretty expensive pair of bulbs which I cant install, and I cant return.....HELP!
I should have pictures tomorrow to explain fully.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
when you take out the bulb after you unclip the metal clip thingy, you will find that the bulb is attached to a piece of black plastic thing. You will have to remove that from the old bulb and put it onto your new one. You CAN remove that black piece of plastic, just take a little time and patience. and a small flat head screw driver wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
'nufsaid', its no problem man, thats what these forums are for, learnin new stuff.

Ok, Silverstar is the name of a brand of headlight replacement bulbs made by Osram Slyvania. http://www.slyvania.com/auto/silverstar.htm

H7 is the bulb number. It is the low beam headlight bulb number for the Mazda3 (non-xenon). If you look in your owners manual on page 10-7 (i think) it will tell you all the bulb numbers for our car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bee04M3S - thanks. I'll check out the headlamp numbering in the manual. Would you replace the low beam AND the fog lights?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, I dont think I will be doing it, although there is nothing stoping you from doing it either way. Its just that it would cost a lot more money for a set of bulbs you're probably gonna use twice a month.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
bee04M3S said:
well, I dont think I will be doing it, although there is nothing stoping you from doing it either way. Its just that it would cost a lot more money for a set of bulbs you're probably gonna use twice a month.
I use my fogs every night. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahhhaha, omg...im such a retard.
for some stupid reason i was thinking of the high beams.

ya, i plan on getting some H11 bulbs from our sponsor Heon.
Im kinda hoping that one day we can get a little group buy going on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
BE CAREFUL!!!

I changed out my low beams for some blue tinted bulbes and that bulb holder, ( little blck plug in you have to take off the bulb) melted on my driver side. got a new one, then it melted on my passenger side.. had to buy that new one too. i dont like after market bulbs anymore :p

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Re: BE CAREFUL!!!

vividmaz3 said:
I changed out my low beams for some blue tinted bulbes and that bulb holder, ( little blck plug in you have to take off the bulb) melted on my driver side. got a new one, then it melted on my passenger side.. had to buy that new one too. i dont like after market bulbs anymore :p
Are the new bulbs 55Watts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts