Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eeep. Electrical gremlins?

A few months ago I first noticed that the lowbeams woud come on by themselves when the car was parked with the lights OFF. This happened... oh about twice in a week. Since then it hasn't been an issue until...

this week, at least this has happened.

Sunday: go out, park car before dusk, come back to car at night and lights are ON (light switch is OFF).
Friday morning: go out for work on an overcast day. Turn headlights on, start driving. I get to my work site and I can't turn the headlights off unless I flick the high beams. (and have taken a video of such)
Today: go out in the afternoon, park the car, all is okay when I come back. Drive it somewhere else, park it, go eat and come back and the lights are ON again, despite the inside switch being "off". This happens again and again until I finally get home.

Doesn't matter how much I cycle the high beams, start or stop the car or flick the light switch. Low beams are apparently perma-on. Ended up pulling the fuses and I have a service appointment when I get back into town (Fri)...

Odd electrical problems are not what I want or need. Any advice, insight or similar experience would be appreciated.

I drive an 06 Mazda 3 GT Hatchie (Canadian model; I believe US near-equivalent is the S-model). I have not modified the electrical system at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this happen too, unable to shut off the daytime running lights (DRL) when the engine is off or engine on and the hand brake applied.
Mine is a 05 GT.
This happened around May 2006. At that time Mazda service replaced the junction block. This cured the problem.
Now, fast forward to June 2007. Same problem.
This time, I noticed that when I use the remote to lock the car, the DRL will shut off. But after a few minutes, or so, the lights come on again. This is bizarre!!!
I will need to visit service again. In the meantime, I'll probably remove the fuse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts