Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
JseN! said:
Does anyone have a how to on changing your bulbs hi's and low's?
Maybe even with pics?
Open the hood .. look in the back of the headlamp unit. Remove anything that's in your way to get to the low/high beam bulbs. Twist to release the bulb from the headlamp unit.. change the bulb.

Try it yourself.. don't be a baby :lol:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Now why wouldn't you remove the spring clip first before twisting and turning things. This is what's giving me my problems. I've tried twice and still can't release them. I'm getting ticked! I've changed tons of bulbs, but never had a problem like this. :evil:

·
Registered
222 Posts
fire76 said:
Now why wouldn't you remove the spring clip first before twisting and turning things. This is what's giving me my problems. I've tried twice and still can't release them. I'm getting ticked! I've changed tons of bulbs, but never had a problem like this. :evil:
not too sure if you had referred to the manual to change the low beams but i was tricked by the diagram. the diagram in the manual says to press and push down the left side of the clip. But if you're standing infront of the car and bending down into the engine bay, you should press and push UP the RIGHT side of the clip. getting the first clip out was a Bi*ch and the second one was a breeze. fixing the clips back was another thing. I spent 100 minutes doing 6 bulb changes and most of the time was spent on the damn clips. :evil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.