Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my friend has a mazda 3 which he has an HID kit that he purchased. We spent prob 2 hours trying to get the H7 bulb fastened. We did not remove the headlights so it was even more difficult. how does the headlight clip fastened. i know we had it fastened once and the bulb still wiggled in the projector. anyone have some picture or a diagram on how the bulb is suppose to be fastened with the H7 bulb? also, if we decided to remove the headlights out, whats the quickest way of doing so?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The spring clip pushes in towards the top and unhooks from the plastic clip holding that end in. You need a spacer between the bulb and the lamp housing. Which kit did you get? It should have came with one. Only way to get the headlight out is to remove the bumper, it's not that hard you can do it by yourself but with two of you, it should be easier.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
+1

The clips are tricky. IMO, best to remove the bumper so you can ensure they are in and this makes it easy to hid the ballasts. Watch your seating, many seem to not get the bulb seated correctly and this throws off the beam. Ensure the tab is in the notch. If seated properly, the bulb should not be able to spin.

Good luck.

·
Registered
373 Posts
[quote author=dabears2k link=topic=136356.msg2940046#msg2940046 date=1234796638]
odds are, no spacer. Bulb will wiggle.
[/quote]
Yeah, thats how my set came off ebay. We tried and tried and then realized there was no spacer. So at 10:30pm we drove down to Freddies and got some washers and rigged it up and now they are in there nice and tight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts