Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this is the MZ3 section of the forums. But as far as headlight bulbs it don't matter.

I took my HID's out yesterday because i was tired of them not working half the time. Like Saturday the passanger side on was not doing anything. Not even trying to come on. Then yesterday morning it came right on again.
A few weeks ago the drivers side would flicker and not stay on without turning them off and back on a few times.

So now i have the halogens back in. I was wondering what brighter bulbs are the best ones. I know that the Silver Star line is complete crap.
But what about the sylvania ultra vision?
Does anyone know how long they last.

The other choice is the Phillips line.
I know they have a bright one but don't know what one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I believe you are looking for the Philips X-treme Power headlights. I've heard a bunch of good things about them, and they are supposed to be cheaper than Sylvannia Silverstars.

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Did you check all your connections and ballasts for the HIDs? It seems that that is just a very unusual scenario, and it sounds like a loose connection.

In any case, if you're going to go with regular bulbs, then as above poster said, go with the Philips X-treme Power headlights.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Man, what kind of HIDs did you have? I've had my DDMs for a year now and I would never go back to halogens. Not once have I even had a misfire let alone straight out no working. I'd try a kit that either japanese like Volt or Expower that have a minimal fail rate. Even so the DDMs from Dabears has a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's the Apexcone with the lifetime warranty from RPM. But Apexcone don't pay the shipping to send it back to them. Also they do not pay the return shipping to you. So i would have to pay the shipping both ways.

If i do get another kit will be a made in Japan one. Not the China crap like this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts