·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a header fit stock exhaust.?? Search function is disabled currently

·
Registered
860 Posts
It should since it would just mount to the bracket that is on the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
I don't know why you would want to bother. The stock exhaust is so restrictive. If you're upgrading the header, why not follow through with a free flowing exhaust.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i have stock piping with magnaflow muffler and planning on deleting cat. i like to keep my tourque. thats why i didnt up the piping and it wont be a huge differe on an NA car.

so with header, straight thru muffler and cat delete, i should see some nice gains.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
[quote author=danielj link=topic=136663.msg2945691#msg2945691 date=1234995903]
I don't know why you would want to bother. The stock exhaust is so restrictive. If you're upgrading the header, why not follow through with a free flowing exhaust.
[/quote]

lc gained ~5whp, and more interesting, 10ft-lbs with a 4-1 header and the stock exhaust. Link.

I wouldn't do it unless intending to get an exhaust eventually, but a header can work with the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats with the restrictive oem muffler and cat converter. i think there will be a big difference with my set up.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
There will be a gain for sure, not nearly as much as with full exhaust.

jtlunongo, run on a dyno and see what you do.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol ill try. im just wondering if 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch will make a huge difference. maybe 3-4 max.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
i had a header on my stock exhaust for a little bit. It felt nice and torquey but i didn't gain much power till i got my exhaust. I lost some torque but gained mid-top end. I had 2.5 exhaust before and now i got 2.25 with header. The 2.25 exhaust was deff a better move, a big big improvement. I noticed a huge change coming from the 2.5 to 2.25.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yaa IMO for our cars its not worth 500$ for an exhaust system. i like a nice high end magnaflow race series muffler for 95 and straight pipe for 30 :) ill give up 5 hp

1 - 10 of 10 Posts