Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone recently got a used 2006 mazda 3s GT with bose. The sells men told he had replaced the head unit because it didn't work, I believed him because it turned on and everything but didn't really check. Turns out no sound
, took it to a audio shop and was told I didn't have the ORIGINAL radio but he fixed it anyways. Can anyone tell me what the original bose HU looked liked? I know they are all similar but I believe mines is the standard one I don't even think it has a 6dics changer! Mines says hello when I start it not bose. Also is it suppose to have Sirius XM??

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
If it says "Hello" and not "Bose", then you probably don't have a Bose radio.

Take your radio out, and find out the exact model number. That will tell us for sure. For example, I chose to put a Bose radio from a 2008 in my 04, and my model number is BAS466ARX. Find out what yours is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the difference between the bose HU and the regular head unit?? And does it effect my sound system

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
What's the difference between the bose HU and the regular head unit?? And does it effect my sound system
The Bose had low level outputs to drive the Bose amp. The standard HU has an amp built into it and is designed to drive speakers.If you use a standard HU with the Bose system then the amp will be overdriven and could be damaged.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh so that's why my speakers sound CRAZY loud, setting it to 8 is enough to blow your ear drums

1 - 5 of 5 Posts