Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 4door model, new in July only 4,500 miles on it. The headrest will not stay put, keeps migrating up. The rear windshield seems to fog when no other car around is fogging, and the driver's side carpet seems to be wearing already. My boyfriend vaccummed it yesterday and where my left foot rests it is starting to look worn. I do not wear heels or anything that would be scrapping it up. Anyone had anything like this? I am having someone look at the headrest Thursday when I bring it in becasue my audio display crapped out but not sure if i need to mention the fogging and my displease at the carpet. Also the passenger side seat seems to be fraying a bit. And I do not cart people around in the car. Maybe once every two weeks someone is in the car with me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah, I can attest to the "worn Carpet".

I bought my 06 sedan in November 2006. Almost 4 1/2 months and 5,600 Miles later the spot where my heel touches the Driver side floor mat (when I brake) is completely worn down to the rubber.

WTF??? :huh

I didn't have this problem with my 05 Sedan. 17months later and no worn spots....

It looks kinda bad too. I mean a worn spot in the carpet on a car that's not even 5 months old. Arrrrgggh! (Charlie Brown)

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Jeez, what are you guys doing to your carpets? I have almost two years and nearly 14k on mine and there's only a slight indentation where my right heel normally rests.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
There was no answer in the thread for the creeping headrests so I'll throw mine in:

How about slightly "bending" the head rest prongs either outward or inward. This way they will provide more friction in the sockets.

·
Registered
753 Posts
That's funny; I modified my headrests the first week I had the car because it annoyed me and forgot about it! I did as newblkmica did and used a hacksaw and cut a more abrupt notch where the smooth notch is. I must have gone a little deeper with mine because I can pull as hard as I want and they won't move anymore.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
I might have to try the hacksaw approach. It annoys me because I like the headrest as low as it can go. I am 6'1" and the lowest setting is the safest. The headrest is supposed to hit you in the head at about the top of your ears and this is about where it hits either at the lowest or 1 notch up. If I let it 'creep' up it stays put at about 2 or 3 notches up which is enough to not be the safest during a crash and also to block my rearward vision when I try to turn and backup.
-Matt

·
Registered
101 Posts
[quote author=ViperKillerWannabe link=topic=71802.msg1263453#msg1263453 date=1173735861]
Jeez, what are you guys doing to your carpets? I have almost two years and nearly 14k on mine and there's only a slight indentation where my right heel normally rests.
[/quote]

Yeah, I hear you. I had the same "slight indentation" with my 05'. For some reason the spot on carpet mat in the 06 slowly started to rub away. Everytime I vacuum my car, I see a rolled up ball of carpet hair on the corner of the mat. :huh

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a whole warn away in my carpet already. It didn't take long. I've read Mazda was a little cheap when it came to the carpet.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yeah the floormats and the carpet are a far cry from what I had in my Civic. Seems like Mazda decided to cut some corners there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mazda replaced my carpet at 15k under warranty for premature wear. As for the fogging- check to see if your air is on fresh instead of recirculate.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah..... YEAH, I do have allweather Floormats. Those are the ones collecting dust in my closet because they're rubber and like 3x thicker than the carpet mats.... Yeah I know about those.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts