Mazda3 Forums banner

Hawk Pads... never again.

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Cab0oze 
#1 ·
Ok so if you search around on google, you'll find that I've never been very happy with Hawk HPS brake pads. On my old 2004 mz3 I had an issue with no brake bite in the wet or cold. It would be like 2s between brakes ON to actual decel on the highway. Very scary.

I vowed back then never to buy them again. Well... when I bought my speed3 and was looking for brakes, I bought dba T2s which came with Hawk HPS for free. Well... ok not going to throw away free parts. I installed them, and they worked great for the first year, but then my rotor developed hot spots. Now i"m going to stick with my old story (once again, search) that it was crappy dba prodcuts, and so I won't ever buy those again either.

HOWEVER - just got back from the garage from a generic pre-sale inspection and it seems as though one of the 2 year old (like new, I don't use the brakes much) Hawk HPS has suffered a catastrophic failure - delamination / pad separation from the backing plate.

Totally unacceptable, and dangerous. I will never touch Hawk (or dba) garbage again, I have seen no-name pads perform/last longer.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.