Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Superstars?

Share your experience in seeing superstars of all kind....

1. Van Damme at the elevator at my work... (Vancouver, Canada)
2. Kobe Bryant at The Nines Hotel (Portland)

3. Roy Jones Jr. at Red Robins (Vancouver, Canada)
4. Usher in backstage at concert (Taiwan)

I'm sure you have bumped into some as well, just wondering on what occasions...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=176665.msg3734544#msg3734544 date=1279683169]
No.

Although this begs the question, who the hell is Roy Jones Jr, and if I don't know already doesn't that mean he's not a superstar?
[/quote]

I would base it on the majority of the people who do know him/her to determine if he/she is a superstar? I'm sure there are plenty of superstars that I personally do not know about either... :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=a-sher link=topic=176665.msg3734555#msg3734555 date=1279683673]
hes a boxer

i never met anyone famous.
[/quote]

damn good boxer too...

·
Registered
778 Posts
I met a couple of local celebrities. The mayor of Philadelphia, a couple of Philadelphia Eagles, Sixers and Phillies. Thats about it i think lol.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I've met Luis Gonzalez back in 2000 when I was still a Diamondbacks fan. I don't watch baseball anymore, and he's retired now. It was still pretty cool. He signed a hat for me and I got a picture with him. He was at a local mall for a signing. I saw him again a few months later at a different mall over here with his triplets doing some Christmas shopping!

I do believe that is the only famous person I've met.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I tripped over Will Smith's foot when I was a little kid. It was at some baseball charity event

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Had a beer (sort of) with Nick Lachey in First Food & Bar in Vegas. Sat next to Adam Sandler at a bar in Vegas, too. Didn't talk to him as too many other people were annoying him asking for autographs, etc. Figured I'd let him be.

Not a superstar, but I once hooked up with a hot local TV meteorologist when I was in college. Didn't know she was on TV until the next week when I saw her on the news, LOL.

I live in Coppell, so I see Dallas Cowboys all the time since half the team lives here.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
Saw the president at a campaign rally. I am best friends with a possible state delegate (if he gets elected this fall, which is looking fairly likely, fingers crossed). I saw Harrison Ford across the street when I was in Jackson Hole a number of years ago.

That is pretty much it.

3 degrees of seperation though. My in-laws are good friends with a couple who are friends with Matt Damon's parents. They all go golfing and have dinner once or twice a year (my in-laws get together with their friends several times a year, but only with Matt Damon's parents included once or twice a year).

My mother-in-law was telling me that is a little wierd having dinner with them and having them ask things like "so how are your kids and grandkids? Yeah, Matt is in Tunisia right now filming a bit for a new movie. We are going to see him and Ben later this week", etc.
-Matt

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Terry and Brooke Bollea (the Hogans) before all the bullshit started since they live here in Clearwater and my Dad Patrolled that area we got to know them a little, great family. Nick I have seen twice but havent talked to him.
Kirstie Alley, she goes to Strachen's Ice Cream shoppe here
Kelly Clarkson
Mike Alstott

Nickelback (went to a concert and got to meet them in person)

·
Registered
24,208 Posts
Darren Dulton (of the phillies) lived a couple of houses down from my grandparents. Saw him a bunch of times. Didn't really go over to his house and say OH HI I LIKE YOU or anything.

Got my picture taken with Hudson Leick (Callisto from Xena) and Robert Duncan McNeill (Tom Paris from Star Trek Voyager). They were really nice. Hudson is also very attractive! oooo she handed me a ROSE too!! :)

I met Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi from TNG)... she called me a "cute kid" hahaha. so fun!

Lou Dobbs came to my college for the big "alien" problem they're having in Hazleton, PA. Got to be on a show (in the audience) and ask questions and stuff. That was kinda neat... even though it's Lou Dobbs :lol:

Bam Margera is in West Chester all the time, but he's a douche so I try and stay AWAY from him.

I met Mr Belding in 2005.

some guy from Real World or Road Rules?

I forget her name... from Real World or Road Rules

Veronica? from Real World/Road Rules

My fav celeb moment would be Daniel Tosh.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
Oh and another 3 degrees of seperation. My grandparents had friends up the road from them in their retirement community who's daughter was married to Ted Turner's son. Or maybe it was a son married to Ted Turner's daughter. I really don't remember. I just remember that my Grandfather would always make a big stink about it (not like he had ever met the man). He was big on "Well I have friends who know such and such person"

Oh and a girl I was friends with in college who lived a couple of rooms down in my dorm went to school with, and was friends (well, IM friends at least and hung out with them a few times) with several of the members of Good Charolette (went to La Plata in, shudder, Waldorf).
-Matt

·
Registered
24,208 Posts
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=176665.msg3734902#msg3734902 date=1279723510]
Oh, and forgot that I know knew Jessica Simpson. Went to school with her from 7th grade on.[/quote]

LOL how do you FORGET you went to school with her!? Silly man!!!!

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=crazyduckme link=topic=176665.msg3734905#msg3734905 date=1279723580]
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=176665.msg3734902#msg3734902 date=1279723510]
Oh, and forgot that I know knew Jessica Simpson. Went to school with her from 7th grade on.[/quote]

LOL how do you FORGET you went to school with her!? Silly man!!!!
[/quote]

Ok, I forgot to MENTION it. :lol:

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=crazyduckme link=topic=176665.msg3734915#msg3734915 date=1279724172]
Oh great. That gif is gonna be everywhere now!!!
[/quote]

LOL, thanks to Phil.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts