Mazda3 Forums banner

Has your trunk release stopped working?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my trunk relese doesnt work anymore i pull the thing and nothing happens, and there is still tension.

Has this happeded to anyone else?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Use your key to open the trunk and see if there is a yellow tab(switch) on the latch itself. You may have accidently messed with it last time you had your trunk open. Flip that lil switch in the opposite direction and close your trunk. The latch release should work now.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
[quote author=rodam link=topic=136177.msg2933953#msg2933953 date=1234517072]
Use your key to open the trunk and see if there is a yellow tab(switch) on the latch itself. You may have accidently messed with it last time you had your trunk open. Flip that lil switch in the opposite direction and close your trunk. The latch release should work now.
[/quote]

+1. Somehow the guys at the dealer managed to flip the little switch last time I took my car in for some warranty work. I thought they had broken the trunk release for a day or two until I realized the trunk lock was on.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=bearda link=topic=136177.msg2933977#msg2933977 date=1234525213]
[quote author=rodam link=topic=136177.msg2933953#msg2933953 date=1234517072]
[/quote]

+1. Somehow the guys at the dealer managed to flip the little switch last time I took my car in for some warranty work. I thought they had broken the trunk release for a day or two until I realized the trunk lock was on.
[/quote]

lol wtf was mazda thinking why is there a lock and unlock in there (is that the 6th seat?)

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=MZR23MZ3 link=topic=136177.msg2934052#msg2934052 date=1234533919]
lol wtf was mazda thinking why is there a lock and unlock in there (is that the 6th seat?)
[/quote]

You'll note that on the back of the back seats (inside the trunk) there are little switches you can flip that disable the buttons that release the seat back to fold them down. If you lock those and flip the switch on the inside of the trunk latch then it means you can only access the trunk with a key or a haligan bar/hydraulic tools. That way you can store stuff in your trunk and someone can't just break your window and pull the release to steal everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts