Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
I was advised by the dealer last weekend that the shipment will get into Sydney on roughly the 28th and clearance to dealerships on the 1st of March.

The sooner the better!

G

·
Just called my dealer,

And they said, the ships dock into sydney today, and they'll be loaded of the ships on the 23rd (monday) and the dealers should receive it the following day on the tuesday, then the dealer will have to fit the extra accessories that you've asked for, then its ON THE ROAD!!!!!

YIPEE!!!!

So it looks like the end of next week for Sydney owners...

Hopefully...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Got a call yesterday. mycars at the lot getting all the stuff done.

the shipment has been sitting on freo dock since monday....

Damn.... dont they know how impatient i am..

pick up prolly tonight if all good..

·
Registered
650 Posts
For those in Sydney I can confirm a car carrier ship arrived from Brisbane at 6:30am this morning (I can see it from my office window) and will leave for Melbourne tonight at 11pm.
According to Sydney Ports web site, the Splendid Ace is the car carrier from Japan.
http://www.sydneyports.com.au/MarineOperations/movements.asp

Info on the Splendid Ace can be seen at http://www.mol.co.jp/opensea/04_e0401fdo.html

I think there may be another ship that services WA that comes in via Singapore. http://www.fremantleports.com.au/shipping/shipMain/shippingIndexMain.aspx?section=2

·
Registered
519 Posts
*lol* and i thought i was bad when waiting for me car steve-o....

this timetabling of car carrier ships is even worse! :D

next thing you know people may start bribing japanese factory workers to specifically load their cars first on the boats!

·
Registered
250 Posts
My car is leaving the Shores of Japan 20th feb Shipment, which is today. Also it takes approx 3 weeks from Japan to Melbourne.

This is according to my salesman

·
Registered
308 Posts
Steve, presumably your looking at whats coming off the ship? As there is no specifics on those links advising what is the cargo.

I spoke to my Sydney dealer today who advised still the 1st week of March with arrival around the 28th of Feb presumably.

Does this mean Sydney is getting a shipment of Mazda's once every week? Or does it mean my dealer is out by a week?

Finally how long does it take for these vehicles to clear customs?

·
Registered
252 Posts
One of the two MZ3s I'm expecting arrived in Adelaide late on Wednesday night and arrived at the dealer lunchtime today (Friday). Apparently this is unusually quick. The dealer needs another 4 business days to prepare the car (registration, tint, fit accessories etc.) and I should get it next Thursday.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yeah I've been told to expect it will take the better part of a week to get it correctly registered, accessories added and a few hot laps around the block by the Mazda dealers 15 year old garage boy :wink:

·
Registered
650 Posts
olorin said:
*lol* and i thought i was bad when waiting for me car steve-o....

this timetabling of car carrier ships is even worse! :D

next thing you know people may start bribing japanese factory workers to specifically load their cars first on the boats!
I sit at a window that looks over a dock so my boss and I like to know what is coming and going out of Sydney. Not that it has anything to do with my job, but there is some interisting stuff coming into Sydney.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts