Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car has been idleing poorly for a couple of months...well since I bought it. I was stopping a red light and pushed in the clutch and the car died and would not start. I had to push it out of the road and it still would not start....after hours of trying to figure out what was wrong I found that the throttle body was stuck shut and would not opne at all. Had to use cleaner and press pretty hard to get it open. Cleaned it out really well and car Idles and drive MUCH better....crappy CAI lets in too much dust. Does not stutter anymore and does not try to stall when taking off.....never had this issue with any other vehicle.

-Joe

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
[quote author=joe_driver0307 link=topic=135533.msg2918066#msg2918066 date=1233953501]
Car has been idleing poorly for a couple of months...well since I bought it. I was stopping a red light and pushed in the clutch and the car died and would not start. I had to push it out of the road and it still would not start....after hours of trying to figure out what was wrong I found that the throttle body was stuck shut and would not opne at all. Had to use cleaner and press pretty hard to get it open. Cleaned it out really well and car Idles and drive MUCH better....crappy CAI lets in too much dust. Does not stutter anymore and does not try to stall when taking off.....never had this issue with any other vehicle.

-Joe
[/quote]

odd but very intested, BUMP for solution

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
The CAI shouldn't let in enough contaminants to cause a problem like that. There are coolant lines running through the throttle body, perhaps they are leaking and coolant is turning into gunk in there causing the problem?

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
yeah, definitely never happened to me, and I've had ~90k miles on my car with aftermarket intake (~25k w/ Simota CF, the rest with MS/AEM).

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
why dont you replace the filter if it is bad...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts