Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Mazda 3 Sport Hatch that I just bought. Great car so far. Just wondering about the durability if the logo on the front of the hood. I was checking all the fluids and looking around the engine compartment. When I opened the hood the logo area seemed a bit weaker than anything else on the car.

Has anyone had any trouble with this area? Just wondering if this is an area to take extra care in.

Thanks all,
G

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
'Sup G, and welcome to the forums?

I haven't seen any horror stories about it, but it's definitely something we all recognize. I open and close the hood from the side areas and don't pull or push on the plastic center section.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thats the area guys. I do the same thing. Seems like an area to be careful with. Was wondering if anybody with more road time has had to replace it.

I think I will do the same thing and be careful with that mini-grill on the hood.

G

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
I've been here a while, and that's not a major problem that I'm aware of! It's a plastic part.. you've already figured out that you have to be careful around it. I've noticed that it does seem to be more robust witht he hood closed, so I don't see you having any major issues. Just don't hit anything big!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts