Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, refer here for the first go round of install instructions and discussion - - -

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=67408.msg1182994#msg1182994

Then we start up with another look at the mounting proceedure:

1. Tape and measure to the center. I erred and ended up about a 1/4 inch low - should be just above the line (reason to follow) -

2. I used a 1 1/2 inch hole saw. I went low to avoid the dip at the top - - -

3. The dome on the back of the display drops into the hole. Using a straight bracket, I was able to angle the display upward to make it easer to view - - -

4. Unfortunately, when you angle it up, it drops the unit. This is where the extra 1/4 inch would have come in handy - - -

5. Finished product looks good, but from the driver's seat the heat control is a little obscured. Fortunately, I usually keep it on auto. - - -

Questions for anyone that has one of these - - -

a. Have you found a way to play ALL of an artist's albums? So far it's select and play one at a time.
b. Have you found a way for it not to come on automatically with the key?

Thanks and enjoy!

·
Registered
420 Posts
That install looks great. I don't know which I like better, this one or the first one. I think the first one looks a little more "OEM -ish", but with this install you have the option of tilting the display.

Where did you end up putting the control knob? Is it in front of the center console like the way sromero2 did it? I think if I were to do this I would put it above the ash tray, where your air bag light is. I don't have heated seats, so that part is free in my car, then my passenger would be able to use it too. I don't know if I would want my passenger playing with it, but it would be nice to have with the rest of the controls.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - the control is on the console in the same place and upside down, which actually make sense. So far, real happy with it overall. Except for the two noted questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts