Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone install HF-set to Mazda 3?

I'm planning to install Bluetooth HF equipment to my mazda.

One open issue is that, is there in Mazda bus-type of electrical system (CAN or corr.)? How do I get the switched power to HF-unit? Cigar lighter?

Another questionmark is to make phone call to hear from front speakers and at the same time mute the stereo... Is there mute-wire in stereos?

I'm glad if someone can understand me (my language) and even more glad, if someone can help me. :wink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi again,

Now I have installed Bluetooth Hf-mobilephone set to my mazda.
I replaced cig lighter with Hf-set control button, because I didn't like the look of the lighter. Only visible things are control button and microphone. Here's some pictures:

Original version with cig. lighter:

Microphone:

I hide cig. lighter to central box. I don't need lighter, but I need plug for charging cellphone.

I replaced original front speakers with Next ALS 16 speaker set (6,5").

Next midbass has two coils and another coil purpose is to use for mobilephone Hf-set speaker. So I connected my hf-set to Next and I didn't have to use any extra speaker.

I still have one problem. I didn't found mute wire from original stereo. there are only wires for steering wheel remote controls and other usual stuff. Vaboom's presentation didn't help with that issue. I'll have to ask about wirings from dealer... is there are mute lead in original stereo and if so, where?

But in the end, I'm very proud of system. It's quite unnoticeable, you can use it with many phones, you can keep your phone in your pocket and it connects automatically to Hf-set, when you star engine. You can answer to phoe by pressing button in the middle. You can adjust volume level rotating outer ring of control button.

Less is more.... 8)

·
Registered
465 Posts
And, we get to see what the factory heated seat buttons look like!

·
Registered
233 Posts
How do you remove the cig. lighter panel? Can you provide a step by step walk through please?

·
Registered
744 Posts
That is a very nice and clean install. Good job! I like the idea that your handsfree kit doesn't become obsolete when you get a new cell phone ro switch to a different brand. Well done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts