Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mike,

So I got a bunch of the Werkstatt stuff. I washed, dried, clayed and then applied the Strong Prime. I got a bit carried away with the Prime, and the excess proved to be difficult to remove. By the time I was a quarter of the way done with removing the excess it was too dark to see, so I stopped with about 1/3 of the car still to wipe down since I knew that I was likely leaving a lot behind since I couldn't see.

So I plan to go back out first thing tomorrow morning, which is about 10 hours from now. Will I be okay to just wipe the rest of the Prime off and the remainder the car down with my clean, dry microfiber, hit anything that may have fallen on the car during the night with quick wash and then apply the Acrylic Jett, or should I wipe all of the Prime off and then completely wash the car with soap and water again before applying the Jett?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Hmm...I would hit the whole car with a clean MF towel and some quick detailer to provide lubrication between your towel and the paint. That'll remove any contaminants that have fallen on the vehicle, as well as remove the "excess" Prime residue off. From there, I'd just start apply AJ. I don't think there's a need to wash the vehicle as long as you're doing a thorough job of wiping it down with a quick detailer and MF towel.

Good luck w/it! Let me know how it turns out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The quick wash made removing the remainder of the prime residue much easier. After quick washing the entire car, I applied a coat of the AJ (I learned my lesson and used it sparingly!) and now the car looks great. I'm not really looking forward to washing and sealing the car again for the next two days, but I guess I must suffer for my art.

Oh, and is the AJ like a wax where I shouldn't apply it in the sunshine? The sun was shining on the left side of my car this morning when I applied the AJ, but now I'm concerned that it might cause a problem with bonding. Oh well, I'll just make sure and apply the next two coats in the evening when the fence is blocking the sun.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Anytime you're working on the paint whether it's washing, claying, polishing, waxing, etc. you should try to work in the shade. Yeah I know some products boast "you can use it in direct sunlight", but that's not a best practice. Products work best on a cool surface, which means out of direct sun. That said, I think you'll be fine, especially if you're going to apply more.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.