Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Sounds like you like to keep a clean car.

Personally, I wash mine on about a weekly basis, but I avoid commercial washes like the plague. In this area, none of them are worth what it costs, let alone do they do any kind of job my 13 year old brother couldn't for a dollar.

I would also watch for those detergents they use at those washes if they do the interior too. The manual for the 3 says to pretty much clean the interior with a dry cloth if at all possible. I don't think the cheap interior molding or carpets can stand up to many treatments of chemicals.

Other than that, it looks like you've got a good regiment down. It might be a bit overboard, but stick to your guns.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
[quote author=d.z. link=topic=134256.msg2887511#msg2887511 date=1232806102]
Why avoid the touchless?
[/quote]

Touchless car washes use some seriously harsh chemicals on your car at high pressure so that the doesn't have to be any human intervention with cleaning the car. This can (over time, granted) damage the clear coat on your car and the paint as well, if you don't take the proper measures to make sure that the car is correctly waxed and protected.

Plus, most of them miss spots on a frequent basis. I can't stand that. The car has to be correctly cleaned thoroughly before I consider it clean.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.