Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
[quote author=mshu7 link=topic=134256.msg2886371#msg2886371 date=1232752168]
Definitely keep up on weekly washing. Although, I'd cut out the touch-less washes. I'd recommend going two weeks between hand washing vs. one week of a touch-less wash.

[/quote]

Why avoid the touchless?

·
Registered
317 Posts
[quote author=daustin link=topic=134256.msg2887641#msg2887641 date=1232813392]
[quote author=d.z. link=topic=134256.msg2887511#msg2887511 date=1232806102]
Why avoid the touchless?
[/quote]

Touchless car washes use some seriously harsh chemicals on your car at high pressure so that the doesn't have to be any human intervention with cleaning the car. This can (over time, granted) damage the clear coat on your car and the paint as well, if you don't take the proper measures to make sure that the car is correctly waxed and protected.
[/quote]

How do you know this?

·
Registered
317 Posts
[quote author=kwsmithphoto link=topic=134256.msg2890731#msg2890731 date=1232960076]
There are no "links below" but I'm sure I can look it up, thanks!

Related question: My lovely wife got suckered into having her most convenient car wash clay and wax her deep blue Lexus SC430. It looked kind of OK for a week, then the obvious markers of a job done badly started showing up. I used the DC-1 and NXT on it which helped quite a bit, but the damage is still there, and will be more obvious when the wax washes off.

I don't need it for my new Mazda, remarkably enough the dealer didn't swirl my paint at all when they prepped it for me, but that car wash she went to absolutely hosed her car's finish! At least they charged her a lot and wasted her time. Why she did that I don't know (women are interesting creatures). She said she just wanted to spare me the trouble of doing it myself. Good intentions gone bad.

Question:

Who makes the best, most aggressive swirl remover that can be applied by hand? I've tried pro series 3M and Meguiar's swirl removers in the past, with less than stellar results. Who makes the good stuff, and where can I get it?

BTW, I'm going to wash her car next weekend with a strong mix of Dawn Ultra so she can see for herself how badly they hosed it. I love her to pieces and want her car to look great, but there's nothing like the naked truth to gently prove a point.
[/quote]

How does a clay and wax leave swirl marks? Did they use a high speed buffer as well? A clay and wax won't leave swirl marks, under any circumstances.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.