Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Looking to buy a hand-held navigation device. It's a crowded complex market! Any advice is appreciated. We want to use it in US&Canada primarily, but are having a European vacation this summer, so would really like to have Europe maps also...

I doubt if we will get straight information from Salespersons... so if you know about these things, share your wisdom! We are in Ontario, Canada. Price range, uh, I dunno... $250-$350? Or is that not enough?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Stick with Garmin or Tom Tom as most of the other portable companies stink. ;)

I have a Garmin and love it. You can utilize it in Canada and Europe if you purchase the addition maps. I think sep. maps are like $70 each though. :(

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I use a Garmin Quest that can do both in car and walking around, thanks to its rechargeable battery... Only knock I have against it is the fact that the windshield suction cup mount gets really droopy as the temps go to extremes :(

NefCanuck

·
Registered
361 Posts
Garmin nuvi series always get good reviews. The cheapest prices I've seen were at Amazon. I'd avoid the retail stores, best buy, circuit city, etc. They're always overpriced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts