Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it may sounds dumb.
Me and my friends was trying handbreake to slide around with my Mazda 3 in a snow condition road.
I wondering if it's going to damage my car ?

·
Registered
611 Posts
just the tires really. Sliding around a lot will create flat spots in your tire if you do it enough. Other than that, once you start sliding don't be hammering your rev limiter or anything.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
And since it sounds like you might have never done it before, try it out in a BIG and OPEN parking lot without any pesky curbs or cars to hit. You would be amazed how far a car can slide, especially if the road is icy instead of just snowy.
-Matt

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I'd do it on tires you don't care about anymore though on ice you won't really be shredding rubber like if you were swinging your tail end on dry asphalt.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sounds stupid bro, why even take a chance that might mess up your car or a part of your car (tires, ect)?

·
Registered
991 Posts
do not pull the e brake when coming to a stop. youll be gliding on skiis.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
The emergency brake is not hydraulically operated, it is a cable operated hand brake just like 99.99999% of the E-brakes out there.
-Matt

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I do this sometimes on snowy roads, only at slow speeds, and only when there are no other obstacles to hit. Mainly I do it when I'm turning into my driveway, I can get a decent 90 degree rotation out of it and then just calmly pull straight ahead into my drive, its' kinda fun especally after fighting through Edmonton traffic!

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
haha I actually just did this at the end of my block I made a right turn and the car started sliding out so I finished the job slid onto my block and straightened her right out. I have also been doing this with previous cars for years and years and like someone mentioned earlier started in big open parking lots sending my cars into 180's and sometimes complete 360's but yea I don't do that with my 3 because well I love my car haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts