Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading non stop about our halogen projectors and how one member on here noticed that when he covered part of the projector with his hand, that it had a very nice sharp blue cutoff. So tonite I parked in front of a white wall and took some tape and slowly moved down the headlight lenses until I finally got to a point where I to saw a very sharp blue cutoff with no blob above the cutoff. My question is would I achieve this same effect by covering the holes that are on the stock halogen projector? Again I have been searching nonstop so everyones insight is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
That "fuzziness" above the main focus of the beam is what's going to illuminate reflective street signs, pedestrians, cyclists, the reflectors on a parked car, etc.. I would strongly advise against choosing the arguable aesthetics of a nice sharp cutoff over the safety of yourself and others.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I know they are there for that, but thats not a big deal to me. Was wondering though since the projector bowl is able to be seperated form the lenses, what other ways are there to add a bit more color to the cutoff

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I meant is unable to be seperated, duh. lol but really is there any other ways of adding color thanks for the help

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
That's usually good info to post in your question ;)

As to your question.... get the stock HID headlight housing. They are different than the halogen housings, including slightly differently shaped projectors. Aftermarket HID kits work just fine in the halogen housings, but not optimally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts