Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well in the past week i have gone out to start my car and it wouldnt start, it wouldnt even turn over. so i went inside to get some numbers for mazda and when i came out and tried again it started right up. so the dealership just told me to drive it around and see what happens. well it did it again today, same thing, i let it sit for a few and then it started. so this time i took it to the dealership to have them check it out and it turns out to be the starter. no big prob right, well they told me there is none in the country so it has to come from Japan and its going to be about 2 weeks. so now i get to drive a toyota camry on mazda's dollar till they get it in. you would figure a starter would be something they would have, but in their parts books it tells them the part is not even made or available yet.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
[quote author=nifty6 link=topic=68154.msg1175597#msg1175597 date=1170123690]
Tell them to take one off a car on thier lot..
[/quote]

Why would the service dept do that?? The car doesnt belong to them it belongs to the SALES dept.
His service dept is doing the right thing in providing him alternat transportation and from the sounds of things they gave him a decent car to drive in the meantime....

[quote author=ViperKillerWannabe link=topic=68154.msg1175180#msg1175180 date=1170109349]
I call BS on the part about it not being made yet
[/quote]

Supply of a given part could be limited due to a variety of factors. When supply runs out there can be a long wait time for resupply. It happens all the time....

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
[quote author=TGM3 link=topic=68154.msg1178486#msg1178486 date=1170246982]
[quote author=ViperKillerWannabe link=topic=68154.msg1175180#msg1175180 date=1170109349]
I call BS on the part about it not being made yet
[/quote]

Supply of a given part could be limited due to a variety of factors. When supply runs out there can be a long wait time for resupply. It happens all the time....
[/quote]

I understand about limited supply. They seem to be saying that the part doesn't even exist yet, which of course it does. How else do we all start our cars every day?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.